Thursday, January 31, 2008

Adding To My Wardrobe

I've bought NOT ONE piece of clothing since I moved to NY. (Not including the few things I picked up for my cruise.) So I've been trying to figure out what staple items I should add to my closet in the next upcoming months. I can only handle one quality purchase per month since I'm trying to reduce this debt that haunts me at night. Here are a few things I'm thinking about.

For very good reason, YELLOW is all the rave right now. I saw it on a runway show 2 days ago, and now in our very own Essence magazine. I remember when I used to hate yellow. I swore that I looked like a bumble bee. And then it didn't help that I couldn't stand bright colors either. Oh how things have changed! So a cute little yellow sundress or a yellow sweater for the cooler months. Whatever it is, just brighten it up!



Guess what other color is pretty huge right now. PINK! (Which I just so happen to have on right now. he he.) I'm all for pink in the accessory department. Earrings, bracelets, tennis shoes (Nike baby!), labtop covers. It puts the extra umph in life. So women (and I guess men =/ ), let's rock our pink!


Seersucker. Is it just me or is seersucker in someone's rap song? I feel like I heard it yesterday, but I'm not sure. Anyway... as you roll into spring, pick up a seersucker jacket or a whole suit all together. I've never owned any seersucker. This must be added to the wardrobe for the spring/summer.



I thought we would have been done with this by now, but I guess not. And I'm kinda happy about it. Animal and Safari styles. According to Essence, the khaki look with dark brown wooden and metal accessories is one to covet. Don't forget the khaki-colored rope sandals, brown wedges and zebra-print ballerina shoes.



I'm excited to shop. Are you?!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails