Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Just Talking

I'm feeling fabulous this morning! Such a 180 from yesterday. I took an amazing Samba/Afro Brazilian dance class last night at Alvin Ailey. Can you say "Loved It!"? It was so freeing jumping, winding and swinging my hair after a hard day. Those Brazilians know how to WORK. I already thought my hips were loose, but boy do I have something to learn. It's so easy to dance in New York. I think that may be the best thing about this city. Sure it's freezing and you're always rushing and your apartment is the size of a box, but it's so easy to get to and from a dance class around here. It helps that there's a studio on every corner. Everybody wants to be a dancer! But yeah, I had a hard morning/day yesterday. I wasn't feeling waking up in a freezing apartment. Actually, I thought I was going to lose my mind yesterday morning, shivering while stepping into my pants. I absolutely HATE being cold. Especially in places where I shouldn't be. Like HOME! You know what helps though? This may seem odd, but whenever I'm in the streets, whether I'm going to work or out for the night, I channel the aura, vibe, and energy of Carrie/Sarah Jessica Parker. When I think of her, I don't feel the cold as much. My head raises high, my strides get a little longer, and I feel fabulous. It's so weird what thinking about that woman does. Have you ever seen Carrie shivering and cursing the cold while walking home from a fabulous night out with her girls? Have you ever seen her sacrifice an outfit for the sake of the weather when out with Big? NO! CARRIE STAYS FABULOUS! So fabulous in New York is what I shall be...with Carrie's help of course.

Did you see Making The Band last night? That's my new favorite show. Diddy is probably the bane of my existance but boy does he make good tv! Okay. Can we talk about the ho that is Aubrey?! I'm sorry for calling her that, but she's is TOO MUCH! She needs to sit down. In my humble opinion, Danity Kane should personify classy sexiness. And the group pretty much does that. But when Aubrey comes out doing what she does, a certain raunchiness factor is added. She's going to end up like Lindsey, Paris and Nicole if she doesn't be careful. I do like Danity Kane though. I bought their first CD which was great...(I'm all into harmonies, varying styles, passion in the voice, etc. and DK does that very well.) ...so I'll be buying their second. Now as for the boys, WOW. Their voices are incredible! The song they were recording sounded amazing! I can't wait for that CD as well. Diddy was so horrible to them though. lol. They were all excited and then Diddy steps up in that mug and just kicks the mess out of them. That's Diddy though. As my sister said, he rules by intimidation. Not the best way to lead a company, in my opinion, but hey. You know Diddy! Now as for all the hooking up. SMH. I really wish that the groups would keep it strictly business. At least that's what I would do with people that I work with, but then again, it wouldn't be a show if the boy-girl drama wasn't over the top. They're also really young and wide-eyed right now. So I'm looking forward to the season. I wish it wasn't a half-hour long. I need a whole hour of that mess!! LOL.

Have a fabulous day people!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Taking class without me again !

My neck has a kink in it so i had to miss last night.. I was hella pissed :(

T.a.c.D said...

work it honey!!!!
I have been feeling fabulous myself here lately and been working it in the cold, a banging coat and pumps will give you that feel...

i have caught some of the making the band stuff...but i just can't stand diddy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails