Sunday, January 06, 2008

Free Association; Or Rather, Insane Ramblings

ugh! I'm so frustrated. About everything and nothing at the same time! I just put a bit of rum into my pina colada juice. Did you know Tropicana (or Dole) makes Pina Colada juice? I sure didn't. I think it's new. How do I insert the little squiggly line over my 'n' without wasting all my time finding the character map? It takes too much work to insert those accent marks and such. I need a shortcut. I'm watching "Wedding Date". I just absolutely LOVE romantic comedies. They are truly my favorite genre of movie. I saw "The Holiday" for the first time today with my Netflix account. I shed a tear...it was so beautiful. The movie had your girl all emotional and whatnot. Do you hear me? The girls in "Wedding Date" are completely drunk. That's a disgusting feeling. I surely do not want to get drunk ever again in my life.."I don't know you, but I want you so bad." That's the song that's playing right now. I believe this is by Maroon 5. That seems like the theme to the last couple of days. "The Holiday" played with the notions of having fun and enjoying your time with complete strangers. I was able to enjoy myself with two complete strangers yesterday...bus drivers. Not like that though...It was the weirdest thing how easily we chatted it up. The first bus driver, Joel (with an accent over the 'e') told me all about his life. From how much he used to earn to why he demoted himself. It's interesting to listen to people's stories. As a matter of fact, that's what the Watchtower was about. Listening to others. Full circle. Things always come full circle. I know I'm rambling but I don't care. I have nothing but words jumbled in my mind and I need to write them out. What's the use of a free association if you don't shoot out what you need to say? This is the turning point in the movie. Sorry for going back and forth, but I just looked up at the tv. This is where they begin to fall in love with one another. Of course it would be during a dance. Dance has that ability though. It's a language without words. An amazing tool to communicate emotions... desperation, love, pain, sorrow. And that is why I love dance... and romantic comedies. Ha! Romantic comedies make it seem as if everything is alright. Like this will actually end well, and all the hard work was worth it. They make you believe in love and believe that it could happen to you. They restore your hope and joy. They do more than they should. Sometimes love can be sickening though. No matter how they put it in movies, love is difficult. But I'm not here to dampen anyone's perspective or mood. I'm here to spend some time. Time getting out my words. Expressing my heart's desire without inhabitions. Without caring what any thinks. Because writing is freeing. Writing is freedom. As a matter of fact, I'd rather write than talk. I know that's impossible because so much would be lost without face to face verbal communication, but writing is simple. It's clear and 10 times easier. I have to pack a bag tonight. I start dance classes tomorrow. I'm very nervous. What if I don't or can't move the way I used to? What if I suck? I guess I'll find out soon enough. The dance world is entirely unique. Here I go entering it again. Exotic, touchy feely, wild, sexual, gay... It's so out there. Here's the bad part of the movie. Where the leading lady finds out that her ex had sex with her sister when they were together. How horrible is that? That's why love hurts so much. But it still ends up well. That's the miracle about romantic comedies. They all end up well, no matter how severe the pain is. I know I shouldn't get sucked into these movies, being that they offer a false sense of hope, but I can't help it. See. Look. Michael Buble's (with an accent over the 'e') "Home" is playing. How can you not get suckered into something like that? This is getting long and it's getting late. Sorry to leave you so abruptly. Goodnight.

1 comment:

T.a.c.D said...

at least you got it out, even if it was just a little bit

Related Posts with Thumbnails