Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Ran-dumb Thoughts Again

Jason's Lyric is on. I was just thinking about this movie. I was daydreaming one day, wondering who would be there if I got hurt. Suddenly I flashed to the scene where Jason's brother, Josh shot Lyric by accident and Jason carried Lyric out in tears. Ya'll remember that scene? Touching wasn't it? I don't know why I automatically flashed to such a dramatic and morbid scene, but such is the human mind... You know what else gets me about that movie? That song... I don't know what the name of it is, but when you hear it, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. It's the music that plays on every touching scene in the movie. It arrests your heart.

I've been sitting here importing CDs into my iTunes for about an hour. In listening to my iPod on the way home today, I realized that none of my men are in my iPod. My Joes, Dave Hollisters and Tanks. As much as I love R&B men, I don't know how I could have gone so long without hearing a R&B man tell me how beautiful I am, how much he loves me or how sorry he is. I think I need a little Dwele too. I have to remember to put him in before I go to bed.

I have to get my hair, toes, and spa treatment done this upcoming weekend. I also have to get a pair of my sandals fixed. The shoe place in CA said he couldn't fix my shoe. I bet you someone will be able to fix it here. People are hustling here in NY. Everybody's trying to make a dollar.

"In A Sentimental Mood" by John Coltrane is one of the most romantic songs ever. I can't describe what this song does to me, but it's great. It calms me down when I'm stressed. I'm back to the point where I'm in love with music again. It comes and it goes, but when I realize how wonderful music is, I'm obsessed with it.

I want to get back into reading novels. My sister gave me a book to read and I finished it in less than a week. I forgot how much I love reading. I'm going to read a book with baby boi and one on my own. Speaking of books, I miss book study. I haven't been in town long enough to find one.

I'm so embarassed by the black movies that keep coming out. What's going on people? Where's he next "The Best Man" or "Love Jones"?

I haven't really thought much about the new year or what it will bring. All I can really say is that I'm ready for it. The year's going to go by fast as I learn my job and do my best to do what's right. Let me see. What's one thing I can work on? I would say health and exercise but my girl E has already taken care of that for me. We used to dance together in college. She's already commanded that I accompany her to the studio is '08. I don't really understand how to dance in the winter - it's cold outside and i'll be all sweaty after class...not a good mix - but I suppose I'll figure it out. So the one thing I will work on is my spirituality. I feel like I always say that though. Hmm. What else can I work on? My finances. I forgot about those. '08 is about fixing the finances. Health, spirituality and finances. Sounds good.

Okay Teedra. I really need this new album. I'm about to lose my mind here. The Young Lioness is sure to be the highlight of 2008 for me. February right? Right Teedra?! I miss you Ms. Teedra Moses. (And yes I'm a stan.. shout out to MC.)

8 comments:

T.a.c.D said...

'08 is about fixing the finances. Health, spirituality and finances

sounds right on point to me!
08 is going to be good, it may not be perfect and it maynot always be easy but it'll be good!

Deja~I~Am said...

I agree with TC. Something about oh-ate is going to be good. I can feel it.

jendayi said...

it BETTER be good!

T.a.c.D said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

LOL @ "don't know how I could have gone so long without hearing a R&B man tell me how beautiful I am, how much he loves me or how SORRY he is."

....I read that the wrong way at first...LOL!

Anonymous said...

ps...Did Duke & John do Sentimental Mood together?

jendayi said...

bap - you're right. according to rhapsody there IS a version with Duke & John. didn't know about that one.

Chari said...

I feel you on everything you are working on for the new year!

Be blessed!

Related Posts with Thumbnails