Monday, September 08, 2008

"Watch What You Ask For"

He said that my skin is so smooth. I asked him if he knew many females who had sandpaper skin. There are a lot of us delicate skinned ladies out there. He told me not to try to convince him that I'm the same as all the others. It just wasn't going to work. There's only one j. I disagreed. As a matter of fact, there are lots. I'm friends with all of them on facebook. He looked at me dead in the face and paused. There's no one like you. Absolutely no one with the same spirit. I didn't have a response for that. It was sweet but I don't know how much longer I can do this. Can't he see that I don't want to be different in his eyes. Put me in a category with everyone else. Just pals. Old buddies. Shoot the breeze with me. Don't stand in the breeze with me. I'm not interested in falling. I will not make the same mistake twice.

4 comments:

Chari said...

Get it girl! nice.

eclectik said...

Look at you!

e.

But maybe it's just me... said...

I'm a believer that no two things can occupy the same space at the same time...including hurt and joy. So, take your time dealing with the former so that the latter can really come in and take root.

Jenn Will said...

Ohhh I love the "no two things can occupy the same space at the same time"....definitely will be added to my phrase lexicon.

Related Posts with Thumbnails