Monday, September 15, 2008

Ran-dumb Thoughts

This is the 3rd post I've written today.
This is the first I've published.
My other ones were too depressing.
I'm so emotionally stressed.
I've had a headache all freakin day.
The digital team today launched the new Essence.com.
It looks very nice.
I'm proud of them.
They've been here every weekend for a while.
Congratulations to them.
Why did they pop open Patron bottles when they launched?
It was 1 in the afternoon.
lol.
I guess you reward hard work with hard liquor.
Speaking of essence.com, there's a sample of the infidelity survey up.
Check this out.
Pick up the October issue of Essence to read the 9 page story.
It's really deep and quite alarming.
The story of the unfaithful husband sent me reeling.
Thankfully the editors ended the exclusive survey with the story of the faithful husband.
I'm going to see Mary J. in concert for the first time.
I feel like she's one person you should see once.
I heard she was amazing.
On Thursday, I'm going to buy my ticket for Maxwell.
Why am I going alone to these shows?
I need ryde or die JennWill.
She would go with me.
I would have had to drag her to Mary's but she would have been there nonetheless.
I can't wait for Maxwell's new stuff to come out.
Black Summer Night's.
Isn't that what it's called?
Remember Pretty Wings?
Hopefully he'll do that one for me.
Speaking of music, I've been listening to Jazmine Sullivan all day.
This is the first time I've actually paid attention and I really like.
Especially this one.
It's called "Break My Lil Heart".
Typical of me huh?
Don't even want to go there.
I admit it - I'm consumed by fantasy.
I probably dream in the fantasy world about 3 times a day.
This is not good.
Reality is not a fantasy.
But my fantasies aren't all that above and beyond.
They're normal every day things that I just don't have yet.
Nothing extraordinary.
My fantasies can become my reality.
And I will not settle for less.
The problem is that when I'm living one of my fantasies, I hardly notice.
You know what I wrote in my journal this morning?
"It was perfect and I didn't even know it."
I have to stop doing that and make sure to completely digest the moment.
But I do listen way too intently to lyrics.
I sometimes judge life by the goosebumps I get when I watch "special moments" in movies.
I need to take a step back and snap out of it.
But I just want so much more though.
Give me goosebumps dag on it!
This headache isn't going away.
Jazmine Sullivan is scatting in my ear.
Her voice is so rusty.
I love it.
I'm looking forward to Ne-Yo's album tomorrow.
I have to make sure I do get too lost in the lyrics though. =O
You know that man can do something with a pen.
Make me feel like I'm the most important person in the world with them words.
I want to go on a ski trip.
Learning how to snowboard will be fun.
That means I need to buy some ski stuff.
I get an extra check next month.
That's be perfect.
I'll start researching for my ski fashions asap.
That's something fun to do!
I have 8 days of vacation to use up between now and December.
I've already arranged all of my holiday vacations.
I might just take little days here and there.
It would be nice to go somewhere.
To put myself up in a spa for a 3 day weekend.
Oooh, that's something else to research!
I'm getting excited now.
New things always turn me on.
Too bad this headache is still here.
Check this story out on how to avoid cheating.
JennWill sent it as a response to my check-out-Essence-this-month email.
I'm leaving promptly at 5 today.
I need to do laundry.
I was SO lazy yesterday.
I laid on the couch and watch the entire Season 1 of "The Wire" on DVD.
That's what you gotta do when you didn't have HBO.
"The Wire" is extremely gritty.
I had no idea.
Good tv though.
My shows come on tonight.
I need DVR.
I can't wait to move so I can get one in my room.
Do you know that I'll be at the MJB concert during "The Game" premiere?
How will I know what happens between Melanie and Derwin?
Not having a DVR is a travesty.
Oh, there's a champagne toast at 5pm to congratulate the Essence.com team.
Guess I won't be leaving at 5pm.
I'll get some bubbly and then split.
Sound cool?
Cool!
Nite!

2 comments:

Jenn Will said...

I actually would go see MJB again. Since I saw her with Mr. Carter, I would definitely go see her again. There is a free Raphael Saadiq concert on Friday-who is going to go with me to that, I ask you? Who? You need DVR, how have you lived this long without it...also, recall how you used to mock me about it? Umhmmm I tried to tell you!

I feel like I need to screen applications, interview, and hire you a NY JennWill. There has to be one, that's close to me, at least somewhere in the ballpark...I mean really!

jendayi said...

Oh you would see her again? That's good to know. I'm actually in my Raphael zone right now. I love this CD. I'll be there with you in spirit! Actually no I won't. I'm taking my spirit back. I'm going to see him in October by myself IN A STANDING ROOM ONLY place, so we're BEYOND even. You know how horrible standing is. Yes, I must give in. I'm dying w/o a DVR. =( I need a JennWill!

Related Posts with Thumbnails