Sunday, September 21, 2008

Weekend/Skyline/Random Happiness

The weekend was pretty okay. I spent some time getting to know an associate and patched up an awkward miscommunication between us two. Bought a desk space heater to prepare for fall and winter in the office. I bumped into a few celebrities (Savion Glover, Ivanka Trump, Keenya from ANTM) in SoHo. I got thrifty by donating two bags of clothes and shoes worth over $400. And last but not least, I helped a really good friend out of a slump and had a good time in the process. Saturday night was sporadic and amazing. There's nothing better than meeting on a random street 1 hour after a text and dashing from bar to bar and finally a dance floor. And it was such a beautiful night. Absolutely perfect weather.

I just took a glance out the window. The city skyline is mesmorizing now that the sun is setting. I take for granted the fact that I have a view of the Empire State Building and the Chrysler Building from my window. The beginnings of another cemented eyesore of a building are sitting fairly close to the window though. As soon as it's done, I'm certain the Empire State Building will be drowned out, which is sad, but hey, this is New York City. What's the city without another 20 story building squeezed into a pee hole of a space?

I'm taking a random day off in the middle of the week. I've been feening for a hiccup in the week since my co-worker left me alone for a entire 5 days to handle the madness alone. The routinue can be a little boring if you don't spice it up once in a while ya know? I'm making a full fledged effort to insert random and spontaneous happiness into my life. So be prepared for blogs of random trips to upstate NY, staycations in hotels right here in the city on a weeknight, a prospective trip to a New England state, skiing in Philadelphia, etc. Gotta love life!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails