Thursday, July 06, 2006

5 Minutes of Free Association

I have 5 minutes until I'm free.
Free of this place.
This institution called work.
I could be doing something better with my time.
But doesn't everyone say that.
I don't want to be like everyone.
But of course everyone says that as well.
Everyone.
But I'm me.
Coming into my own.
It's been 2 years now that I've had the chance to discover me.
My moods, personalities, alter egos, curves, dips and peaks.
I truly do feel like a country full of terrain, water, valleys and mountains.
There are so many different surfaces that one can explore.
Not everyone can explore though.
There are rules for that.
You have to be pretty special to explore.
Actually you have to be mine to explore.

My free associations are interesting.
Never know what's going to flow from my mind next.
The great thing about it is that it never stops.
The brain of a woman is a powerful tool.
I like that lyric - beautiful because of her intellect as well as her physical.
Who said that?
Maybe Dwele.
I can't remember.
The brain of a woman is a powerful tool, yet I have a hard time remembering things.
I need to work on that.
Memories are precious and shouldn't be tucked into the corner only to forget.
You know how you put something in a special place, only to find out that the place was too special?
You can't remember where you put it!
Wow, that's off the subject.
But there is no subject.
This is free association.
The first thing that comes to the mind is the first thing that you write.
It's interesting to come back and read this later.
Sometimes you get the most enlightened feeling from it.
Other times it's a bunch of crap.
Nevertheless, it's writing.
And I love it.
5 minutes of free style, free association is up.
Til the morning comes round...

Zuri

4 comments:

T.a.c.D said...

there really is no comment to leave on this one...but to say...keep letting us peak into your random world of thoughts...

Anonymous said...

You should get paid 4 this because u definitely keep me interested and and the edge of my seat...LOL.
Why I am interested, I dont Know, I do know but...

Anonymous said...

Disregard last comment, don't know what I was thinking !

jendayi said...

What?!

Related Posts with Thumbnails