Saturday, July 08, 2006

Be My...

Be my lover darling
I promise I'll give you goosebumps
even let you be yourself
yes, you can be the man
you can even take charge
just as long as you promise to love me
I mean, love me the way God does.

Be my air sweetheart
I promise I'll keep you intrigued
even let you teach me something new
you won't need to second guess
trusting will be as natural as breathing
just as long as you promise to inhale
I mean, without poisoning your lungs that is.

Be my beauty handsome
I promise I'll keep eye contact
even let you demand respect
yes, you can take your time
absolutely be where you want to be
just as long as you don't forget me
I mean, a memory is a gift from God.

Be my peace baby
I promise you'll want to hold my hand
even run away with me for a bit
you can even pray to Jehovah
because blessings are right here
just as long as I can approach Him with you
I mean, if I'm not intruding that is.

By my protector sugar
I promise that I'll still be secure
even be your strength when you need
yes, you can make mistakes
be upset or angry if you want to
just as long as you remember the bright sun
I mean, we're still alive thankfully.

Be my fire honey
I promise you'll never be hungry
even let you decide
you won't need to fight
lose yourself within my warm heart
just as long as I can lose myself too
I mean, and never be found again

Be your love love?
do you promise to always honor?
even be a fool for me?
yes, you won't hold it back?
accept me as permanent family?
just as long as I'm yours only?
I mean, until the end of eternity?

Well, darling, sweetheart, handsome, baby, sugar, honey, love
You are my lover, my air, my beauty, my peace, my protector, my fire, my love
Here and now and forever, I will be whatever you want me to be because...
...I love you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know I'm never really one to be at a loss for words, but WOW! Those words couldn't have come from anywhere but the depths of your soul. I'm digging on every line, rhyme, word, and letter. I pray that he's delivered to you. God knows you deserve him.

Anonymous said...

Did uuuuuu write that, Daaaamn!!!! U should sale that u prolly get some money 4 it..That was tight, can I hear how the rythme goes one day. I could have been reading it wrong. Let me know ;)

jendayi said...

Wow. You just got me all boosted anonymous. No I just wrote it for fun so there's no rhythm or beat to it. However you want to read it is cool with me. I would love to sell it and hear the rhythms that people could come up with for this, but I don't even know where to begin with all that. It's just for fun...

Anonymous said...

I would like to add, did u take poetry class or something? I did, and I realized that u have a nice structure, the word "yes," alternates between each stanza and also there is 7 lines in each stanza. Also there is 7 questions at the end.

jendayi said...

No. I never took a poetry class but I did intentionally do the things you mentioned. The alternating yes's, the 7 lines in each stanza and beginning most of the lines with the same words. I've been writing for a long time, but I don't think that has anything to do with it. I didn't know I was going to make things so structured until I was on the second stanza trying to figure out what to say next. Thanks for noticing anonymous.

Related Posts with Thumbnails