Hmm. What does it take to impress me? That's a good question. (You always ask such good questions!) I'm assuming the "impress" stage comes after you already know someone. The initial attraction and all the reasons that drew you to the person in the first place have most likely already been realized. I feel like you have to know a person for a second in order to be impressed. But I'll start with what attracts me and then go into what impresses me.
- calm, peaceful, laid back attitude - that probably draws me in faster than any other trait
- down to earth
- strong presence - a man who's quiet in his demeanor but still draws eyes is the sexiest!
- warm to others
- personable - can have a full fledged conversation with ANYONE
- secure in himself
- good use of vocabulary - ha!
- perserveres through trials
- healthy love and acceptance of himself
- looks you in the eye
- leadership skills
- great outlook on life
- doesn't complain
- attentive/listens and then acts
- a thinker
- carries on good conversation
- stays clear of drama
- concern for others
- has a vision for his life/goals
- has a talent/passion
- And the thing that would put the cherry on the top is if he has ALL that AND is spiritual!! Oh My Goodness!!! lol.
Now I do admit that's a lot. Of course, no one person is going to have EVERYTHING you've ever wanted. But I think that some traits will come with others. The thing that's important to remember is that there are traits that are more important than others when it comes to having a stable marriage, family, and future together. I was once told that when you are dating a person in order to see whether or not you prefer to continue on to courtship, you have to try to determine if you can accept what he does have and deal with the things that he doesn't. For example, a man that doesn't have a talent is perfectly ok, but I cannot deal with a man who doesn't have a relationship with Jehovah. Looking at my list though, I'm trying to see if I could narrow it down, and I do have to say that it's extremely hard. I guess I could get rid of the good use of vocab trait, attentive/listens then acts trait, and the talent trait like I said before. I feel like those may be things that we could figure out or cultivate together. Ya know? Being in a relationship that makes you a better person is a fabulous thing. But anyway, I hope that answers your question Kepa. =)