Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Oh so NOW they want me?

Warner Brothers, Paramount and Disney all left voicemails for me yesterday. *sigh* Should I interview or should I walk away? It's amazing how things work out. As soon as I start planning a move back east, every job I've ever applied to wants to call me on the same day. Amazing. Hmph. NOW they want me huh?

UPDATE: My dad is a genuis. I don't know why I just don't go to him for advice in the first place. He touched on a little bit of everything. Jehovah, prayer, not caring what other people think, faith, true passion, my desires, taking a step back to move forward, having the ends justify the means, etc. He was fabulous. He left me with this scripture: "The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments. For this is the whole obligation of man." (Ecc. 12:13) Now that's what's up! That is my only obligation. I don't have to keep obligations to CA, NC, this job, that job, or any individual. I don't have to do anything but keep His commandments and fear Him. I don't know why, but that made me feel so much better. Whenever you throw God into the equation though, the clouds seem to clear up. =)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unless you're 100% sure you want to move back east, why not interview? One of these positions could be something you'll really enjoy. Or it could put you in a position to propel your career to an even higher plateau (perhaps a plateau that resides on the East Coast).

$0.02...Cha-Ching!

Anonymous said...

You know what is so funny. On everthing I love...I had a feeling Disney was going to call you. dpg

jendayi said...

mike - thanks for the 2!

dpg - oh yeah?! that's funny.

Taj Tashombe said...

That's very true......once you put "GOD" in the equation everything seems to be just fine. Why don't we do that more? Hummm. Thank you for the dose.

Vickilyn said...

I agree just ride it out! I'm all about putting yourself in a position for the next move.

T.a.c.D said...

sistah you ain't NEVER lied about that!

Related Posts with Thumbnails