Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Thankful


I've never done one of these, but I think there's no better time than now, considering my mood.


I am thankful for...


...the pain I feel right now. If it wasn't for my ovaries, uterus, fallopian tubes, etc., I couldn't have children. Thank you for my flow. Thank you for the fact that it's not so bad that I have to stop it's natural progression with drugs or tools.


...music. The silence and my own thoughts would drive me crazy.


...Jessi's morning emails, (even though I haven't received any today). All the craziness and gossip from JCroft reminds me that it's another day and that I'm still alive to read them.


...my "Examining the Scriptures Daily" book. When I remember to pick it up, I always seem to get just what I need. It's always the right amount of comfort at the right time.


...accurate knowledge of the Bible. If I didn't have the knowledge I have, I would be depressed. There are too many tragedies, sin, and evil in this world to not know that there is hope.


...Aquafina water. I love it. I feel like it's an identifying part of me. I always have a bottle of Aquafina near me. =)


...skirts. They're so much easier than pants and also allow for a cooler days. lol.


...a good movie. Movies transcend me. They take me away at the exact moment that I need to be taken. I like being in a different world for now. I imagine I should start reading novels again to have that same feeling.


...every other Friday off. You don't understand. I need this Friday so bad. This is the first Friday that I've had to myself. No trips, no conventions to attend, nothing. Just a j.a.c. Friday. I'm more excited about Friday than I am about tomorrow. Tomorrow's going to be planned. I'm looking forward to nothing planned. Just me myself and I.


...my sister. I love seeing her face everyday on my desk. My mom, dad and bf are on my desk as well, but she makes me feel home. There's nothing like a sisterly bond. We've come so far from the fighting days. I love that girl so much.


...blogs. Reading about other's lives keeps me entertained and interested. I also stay connected to some of the most divine friends.


...heat. I love heat.




...my limbs. Oh my goodness... I am so thankful for my limbs!! That seems so dumb, but I am so happy to have two working arms and two working legs with hands, fingers, feet and toes that work. Is it wrong to say that life is so much easier with them?


...sexiness. I can't really explain this one, but it makes me feel like a woman.


...male R&B singers. The Dave Hollisters, the Eric Robersons, the Joes, the Ushers, the Ne-Yos, the Ginuwines, the Tyreses, the Tanks... of the land. The 'you-are-beautiful', 'I-love-you', 'I'm-sorry', 'make-love' songs are always right on point when I need a little pick me up. When I want to feel beautiful or sexy, they're always there.


...heels and stilletos. Ladies, you know how it is when you throw on your power tools. It's like Superman putting his cape on. If you think you've lost your swagger, put on your meanest stilettos and you are back!


and lastly

...all the people in my life who show me so much love, concern and support. Thank you for building a fortress around me to hold me tall when I want to fall.


Wow. This DID make me feel better!

6 comments:

Ms. Confessions said...

You’re taking things much better than I was last week- as far as that damn monthly bs..LOL

Speaking of movies, what good ones are out right now? Seriously, I’d like to know. I don’t horror- I’m a weenie like that.

Heat, uh? Come visit me in Dallas. LOL

Thank God for the natural ability to be and feel sexy. It’s an attribute that only a woman who is in tune with herself can truly enjoy.

You already know how I feel about the shoes Missy. LOL


Great Post!!!

jendayi said...

awotm - i am truly fighting to stay alive right now girl. i'm fighting so hard. lol.

i don't know any good movies out. i just saw ocean's thirteen but i'd rather get in the bed with a good dvd. "best man", "love jones", etc. feel me? i don't do horror either.

"Thank God for the natural ability to be and feel sexy. It’s an attribute that only a woman who is in tune with herself can truly enjoy." - HELLO!

and yes, i know how you feel about shoes. ;)

T.a.c.D said...

that monthly is NOT a game...i am honestly sitting at my desk feeling myself ovulate! isn't that crazy, i can feel that!!! its too much at times, but like you said at least we know that with this there is the blessings of children, and I must agree with awotm, because i needs ALL the meds i can get

music truly does transend I am telling you...i am in a Luther Vandross mood right now, so me and him will be funning this weekend...

skirts/dresses are the BEST! I love them, I feel so "sexy" as you say, such the lady....

glad to hear you have a jac day for Friday...its all about tc for the next five days, i have not plans for the 4th or anyt day after and I am totally excited about it...

furthermore, I think i am going to leave work early, i am tired...

being thankful and grateful is always a way to put things into peceptive...because they always outweigh the bad...

keep your pretty little head up-its all gonna come together we both have a pretty low key July and come August we'll be pulling our hair out to do something...

Life is a journey...make your own footprints in the sand baby gurl!

xoxox

jendayi said...

t.c. - aww thanks hun. that was such a sweet comment. i especially loved what you said in the Big Ball Of Mess post. "and take steps to make yourself peaceful". that's exactly what i was trying to figure out. i knew i needed to do something but couldn't figure out what. make myself peaceful. that's exactly it! thanks hun. enjoy your time off!

Blu Jewel said...

great post! now that you've popped the cherry, you'll do it again. i did one last week and it was such a great post to write.

the monthly, well, i already have a child and find it more of an annoyance than a grattitude, but at least i do know i'm still functioning. i can have one when/if i please, so there's plenty consolation in that.

working body parts...real talk! most people take that for granted all too often.

i dont wanna blog in your comments, but girl, you truly have a great list. you already know how i feel about music; when words fail, music remains. it's such a powerful tool.

and for knowing God and the Bible...nothing and i mean NOTHING beats that. it's what has kept me alive.

have a beautiful rest of week and weekend lovely lady and God bless

jendayi said...

blu - "at least i do know i'm still functioning". that's what I'm talking about. at least it's still working! "when words fail, music remains". that's probably one of my favorite new quotes blu. that's the truth.

Have a wonderful week yourself hun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails