Tuesday, July 24, 2007

RESEARCH QUERY

I'm pulling all sources... Bloggers respond! lol.


Charlotte or Raleigh-Durham?


I'm an African-American, 24 year old, educated, cultured, spiritual, young lady. So which city is for me? Where are my people? Where will I be comfortable? Where's the best place to buy a house? If you've been to either, please give me your opinion. I promise I'll take it into close consideration along with my own personal research. Thanks for responding!


Update:

I've done some reading and it looks as if Raleigh-Durham is to a "keg" as Charlotte is to "wine". They say Charlotte is more corporate-oriented and grown up. Here's a quote I read on another blog. "As a young single African-American professional who has spent time in Raleigh and Charlotte, Charlotte wins hands down. Raleigh is too small and offers too few alternatives to meet people. Raleigh's ok if you're 18 to 22, but once you reach adult status, its laughable to compare the two cities." However, it also appears that there is less diversity in Charlotte and it seems to be about the status quo (how much you make and what kind of house you have). They say that if you don't work in banking, then you're the odd man out. The traffic seems to be worse in Charlotte as well. Hmm.. Can't wait to visit!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I here Raleigh-Durham is cool. dpg

Anonymous said...

Hey JAC,

Having been to both places I'd go with Charlotte because it's more urban. It's not DC or Philly and thankfully not Bmore, but it's about as urban as you can get in NorfClick.

The Research Triangle Park (Raleigh-Durham) area seems filled with students and people doing research in specialized areas. It seemed a little more slow-paced and spaced-out (geographically) than Charlotte. Granted, Charlotte isn't even as fast-paced as Baltimore but it's faster than RTP. Another thing about RTP is that if you don't like to drive 15-30 minutes to get everywhere (I hear L.A. is like that too), then you might not want to go there.

I have a friend in RTP I can put you in contact with if you want more information.

Vickilyn said...

Charlotte!!! But honestly both are great choices! It's more to do here in Charlotte, though.

Jenn Will said...

Booo.

I just wanted to make sure that my disapproval of all this moving talk was stated on the record.

I will now return to being the supportive friend.

jendayi said...

wow. you guys are quick. great comments everyone! thank you! (yes that includes you too Jenn.)

Blu Jewel said...

i have no experience with either city, so i can't offer any suggestions; however, i hope you are happy and successful wherever you choose.

T.a.c.D said...

i can't offer any advice, been to neither, however I will check with Lil Big Sis (lisa) and get back to you

Ms. Confessions said...

Interesting you write this post. I am working on something similar. Not sure personally which is better.

But I have something for you....
I was attacked and now so are you! TAG!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails