Monday, August 13, 2007

Music

Morning,

I'm just getting situated at Jonesin's place. I really like it over there being the music lover that I am. It's a wonder I haven't visited earlier. (Thanks girl for putting me on all the new music!)

But anyway, going through her data got me really hype for certain album releases. Here are the main ones I'm really looking forward to:

Kweli - I'm so excited for his music. Even though the concepts been done, the video is really nice. I like it a lot!
J. Holiday - Mikesee's long lost twin just does something to me. I'm so interested in him. I'm not really feeling this song as much as Bed, but I'm definitely looking forward to buying his music. It doesn't hurt that I love his swagger. Maybe it's that DC connection. I LOVE THIS GUY!
Mario - I don't care what ya'll say. I like Mario. I like this. But most people know I'm a sucka for the R&B fellas. But yep! I will be buying.
'Ye - Now that I have the mixtape, I'm not as anxious as I could be, but regardless, September 11th will be a big day for him. Although Kanye gets on my nerves and I don't really like him as a human being, his music is incredible. I can't help but to love the mixtape. Check out the CD cover.
Lupe - Even though I believe he's great, I feel like I'll buy the album out of a sense of loyalty. It is my resposibility to support good music... real hip hop. Besides, I bought the first one. So why wouldn't I buy the sophomore joint?


So where are all my ladies at? What ever happened to Amerie's release? Teedra, where are you chile?! Keri Hilson seems to be doing a lot these days. Who knew she wrote so many hits. Good luck to her. Jill Scott and Angie Stone both have new songs/videos out. I'm glad to hear it. Between the two, I like Angie's new song better. Jill's strong but I guess I'm getting tired of the revolutionary, deep, soul, rolling-your-neck sound.

2 comments:

Chari said...

Don't you talk about Jill! lol

jendayi said...

lol

Related Posts with Thumbnails