Wednesday, August 15, 2007

"Old" Whitney


I'm watching a Whitney Houston marathon on VH1 Soul (yay cable!) and I feel like I just listened to "Greatest Love of All" for the first time.

"Because the greatest Love of all is happening to me
I found the greatest love of all inside of me
The greatest love of all
Is easy to achieve learning to love yourself,
it is the greatest love of all"

Yay! Did you know the lyrics were about loving yourself? I sure didn't!

How about this one?

"I get so emotional baby
Everytime I think of you
I get so emotional baby
Ain't it shocking what love can do"

Remember that?

How about this one? This one in particular touched my heart this evening.

"Where do broken hearts go
Can they find their way home
Back to the open arms
Of a love that's waiting there
And, if somebody loves you
Won't they always love you
I look in your eyes
And I know that you still care
For me"

Man, Whitney was fabulous back in the day. The ripped up jeans, tank top, black leather jacket and big curly hair. Old Whitney was great right?
What's your Favorite "Old" Whitney song?

2 comments:

Vickilyn said...

Gurl I have her greatest hits cd. She was really putting out some jams back in the day!

Southern_Lady said...

"You Give Good Love" is my fav!! I can still remember the video and I was like, 5 or 6?

She was singing with 2 or 3 girls in the background with a brown leather jacket on.

Yep, that's the one!

Related Posts with Thumbnails