Monday, August 13, 2007

Old Friends and Sweat

I had a pretty good weekend. How about you?


Friday, I hooked up with my college homie who I haven't seen since graduation. It was really good to see him. We fell right back in like not of minute of time had passed. We then got with JenWill and her friends and went to a series of spots. All of them were VERY nice. It was my first time partying downtown so I was surprised by the venues. The parties weren't all that great, but you would never guess the magnficence that downtown LA can host being that it looks so cruddy from the outside. lol.


Saturday, I hung out with my kids at the performing arts academy. Michael Ealy stopped by to speak to the kids. It wasn't until I got into my car and drove away that I was able to scream. lol. You have no idea what I was feeling when that man walked into the room. That was the best surprise ever. After getting myself together =), I met up with another old friend on Melrose. It was nice to sit and drink milkshakes together. We haven't talked in a while so we did all the catching up we could before our parking meters ran out. I love sitting outside on Melrose by the way. I would sit out there everyday if I could.


Saturday night, JennWill and I went to Wilshire Royale where we had the most incredible time of our lives. ?uestlove, our lovely DJ of the night, TORE THE PLACE DOWN. I knew ?uestlove was talented, but I was not aware of the deejay-ing skills. I mean, he had us rocking to the Sesame Street theme! Genius! The whole room was on a music high. You know how a song comes on and everyone throws their hands in the air and looks at perfect strangers with huge smiles on their faces and bonds in an unprecedented way? Yeah, well we did that all night. Everyone was so dag on happy! It was great! Harmony at its best. We danced so hard that I had sweat trickling down my back. I felt so icky especially because my back was out and I thought that people could see the beads of sweat running down, but I had nothing to worry about. When I looked around shirts were soaked, hair-dos fell flat and the Royale's windows were fogged up. It was amazing... I think JennWill and I will be following ?uestlove around the city from now on for the perfect exercising opportunity. =)


On Sunday, I hung out with the Williams sisters all day. We visited a new congregation, went to eat at Fridays with some other friends, and then had our family study. A perfect day.


I SO didn't want to come to work today. Nevertheless, I'm here. It's a four day week for me so I shouldn't complain. Come on Thursday!


(12 days til vacation! I can't wait!)

8 comments:

Vickilyn said...

Sounds like yall had a blast!

jendayi said...

did we ever!

Shai said...

Michael Ealy! Chile, whew! He look better in person?

jendayi said...

Let's just put it like this shai. I saw the sun and rainbows and angel wings when he walked in. I was stunned. lol.

Chari said...

Glad you had such a good time! Mike Ealy!!?? What! Ooooo weee.... Can you pass those blessing around please!? lol

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

MINE WAS OK BUT TODAY WAS NOT SO GOOD, I ENJOYED THIS READ

T.a.c.D said...

i am so glad you had a good weekend, that's what life is really all about

jendayi said...

Thanks t.c., torrance, and mystery. I hope you all had a good weekend as well.

Related Posts with Thumbnails