Monday, August 06, 2007

Ran-dumb Thoughts

Good Morning Blog world. I really don't have anything to say in particular this Monday. I guess this will be a post all to do about nothing. =) I'm feeling very quiet this morning. Ya know? Like an eerie quiet after a storm. Almost like a loud peace. I know that really doesn't make sense, but I'm very aware of the peace. It's almost deafening. Like I can hear myself breath. Anyway, I'm listening to Pandora Radio at the moment. I've never really paid attention to Syleena Johnson, but she has this song called "Slowly" that's just 'oh my goodness'. It's so forward. Definitely something you listen to in the privacy of your own home. Her voice is so nice to me. Last night I read from a children's book called "Learn from the Great Teacher". It teaches kids about Jesus. It's a pretty thick book considering it's for kids, but I'm going to try to finish it this week. The reading is nice and simple and I'm sure it'll teach me something new. It'll also keep my mind from wandering, which seems to be like a slow death for me lately. "Happily Ever After" by Case is on right now. I don't think I'll ever stop loving this song. You know the romantic I am. And the video is incredible as well. You know.. the one with Be before we knew who she was. I think I got goosebumps the first time I saw it. My friend K.B. left me a voicemail yesterday thanking me for coming out to the game. He said that it was a pleasant surprise to see me. I appreciate that so much. It's always the small things ya know? I really do love that guy. He has the most incredible heart. Okay! Pandora is doing it this morning! Dave Hollister! Can you say "LOVE IT!" lol. It's freezing in this office. It won't be a day too soon when I never have to walk in this building again. I haven't been in the mood for heels lately. I've been throwing on the work flats more often than usual. If I'ma stick with the flats, I should get a cuter, more decent pair though. When leaving the Grove Saturday, the ticket lady in the garage said that I have beautiful skin. I don't know why I thought about that.. Oh yes I do. Because someone complimented me on these flats that I have on. It surprised me when they noticed them because they're so old and beat up. But the compliment helped me remember why I bought them in the first place. I remember thinking, "Oh yeah. I did like these things once upon a time." I'm not sure how that lead me into thinking about the lady in the garage, but I guess I was just surprised by the compliment. Syleena and Kels are now singing a song called "Special Occasion". Cute. I got my last Vibe Vixen yesterday. I'm sad. I can't believe this magazine is going under. The pictures were great though! lol. I haven't exactly read it yet. But I was inspired. All the shoes and handbags! It was great. More so because I haven't seen accessories that have hit the spot in a while. But the page on booties... I love! Suprise surpise, I even like the House of Dereon ones. And usually I hate all Be's stuff. I'm all about those purple booties though. I'm trying to find a picture, but they don't even have them up on the site! See. I hate House of Dereon. lol. Oh no! Janet's "Ooh Baby" is playing right now! I don't know if I should be listening to this at work. LMBO. But back to the shoes.. Maybe they're not out yet. But those are so mine! And the clutches on the previous page! I don't think I've been this excited about fashion in months! Ok I'm done with that. Oh wait. One more thing. See, I'm looking through the Dereon site right now... And... Why is this stuff so ugly!? I just don't understand Be! What are you thinking?! Anyway, moving on. There's something fabulous going on with Ms. Kerry Washington lately. Whatevers got her looking like she does, keep it up. Rihanna's pics inspired me yesterday. I had on a Ri Ri inspired outfit at the game yesterday. Very low-key though. Can't really walk up in a basketball game with heels on ya know? Although this is LA! Females do it all the time. But it's just not me. My stomach's growling. I'm in the mood for pancakes. I think I have a few bucks in my wallet. Thank goodness for payday this Friday. Alright peoples. I'm off to feed my face. Have a blessed day.

10 comments:

T.a.c.D said...

ok...i am totally with you being a a quiet mood...yesterday was a super quiet day as well...purple is the collor for this season, and VS has a lot of cute high pants and purple booties and pumps! I am finally feeling like ok, some fashion inspired looks...oh, watched that new reality show for Kamora Lee Simmons last night...totally loved it!

jendayi said...

really? the show was good? i haven't thought of watching it. i guess I'll do so. how are you feeling?

T.a.c.D said...

i don't i just feel...my birthday was GREAT...got up Saturday and got the hair done, and just chilled Saturday and Sunday, but today i am feeling like blah...and mainly because its like ok, i have 3 years til 30...time to step the game up even more...so just a lot on my mind...

jendayi said...

aww mama! stop pressuring yourself. another year of life is a great thing. not something to be nervous about. just take your time and it will come. (whatever 'it' is.)

T.a.c.D said...

yea i know me, its merely a moment...i'll get over it...just you know how you have those times when the thoughts just keep coming & coming & coming & coming...HA...but i'll get over it...its just 30...its just life, can't plan it anyway, so why try

jendayi said...

true true. that's what i've learned - why even try? you plan for it to go one way and the exact opposite happens. no need in wasting the breath or time trying. keep your head up girl.

It is What It Is... said...

I haven't been blogging because I don't have anything else to say...lol

Anyway,

I love "Happily Ever After" - I remember back then we didn't know who "Be" was...now her behind is all over the place...

I think I want that song on my wedding CD. lol

Anonymous said...

Happily Ever After by Case is one of my favorite love songs/videos ever! I can only hope and wish that one day a man will love me that much to do all those things for me.

jendayi said...

aww. Reecie!

eclectik said...

I heart you, Love the blog
...so wanna see you

e.

eclectik-relaxation.com

The Message board (Grown folk talk)

Related Posts with Thumbnails