Wednesday, April 18, 2007

I Can't Wait For Summer

I can't wait for warm weather. There's just something about a nice, warm day that makes me feel so good inside. What I look forward to the most though are the concerts, shows, music festivals, plays, operas and events. I stay on ticketmaster, goldstar, fusicology, and performing arts center's website. I'm all about Flamenco shows at El Cid, Broadway shows at the Orange County Performing Arts Center, and the American Ballet Theatre at the Music Center. Or maybe a little underground music at Temple Bar and an opera at an opera house. I really want to see an opera. A good one. I saw Madame Butterfly while in grade school and was blown away. I would like to get dressed up just to go to a concert hall and watch the Philharmonic Orchestra, ya know? I've been once and it was pretty cool. I love watching people who are passionate about what they do perform for art lovers. It inspires me to take my art seriously. I just looked at concerts on ticketmaster. If I had endless funds, here's who I'd see: Gwen Stefani, Joe, Keyshia Cole, Robin Thicke, Tyrese, O'Jays w/ Johnny Gill & Keith Sweat, Elliot Yamin, and of coure Beyonce'. If I miss Beyonce' I'm going to die. She doesn't come to the Staples Center until September but I need to be on it when her pre-sale starts. Those tickets are going to be ridiculously expensive. I guess I need to start saving now. The Soulfest in Vegas is the same weekend of the Jazz and Reggae Festival at UCLA. I think I might stay local for this and just do the reggae and jazz festival, although I would love to go to Vegas (especially since my man Eric Roberson is performing - that's the artist playing on my page). I don't think I'll have the funds for Vegas so soon. But anyway, yeah! I'm excited ya'll!! I'm going to consume myself with the arts this summer.


Speaking of arts, did I tell you guys that I'm going back to working with youth in a new and upcoming performing arts academy? I've been seriously missing out on a lot since leaving my kids back in Brooklyn and being away from Kiamsha. There's something so deep about working with youth and I really haven't been able to fill the little hole in me since. I like being close to them, especially as I watch them progress and grow into strong, secure, and educated individuals. I also love the attachment that we make with one another. I think I start to depend on them as much as they depend on me. I like being the role model they trust and confide in. It makes me feel like I have a purpose. So every Saturday morning, I'll be up teaching the youth not only about dance, but about self-expression, the importance of knowing their history, confidence, fitness, proper attitudes, etc. It's going to be great.


I pray that the warm weather finds everyone well and happy. Get involved and get outside. Share the breeze and life's moments with loved ones. Put a smile on your face and make the days count. As we've all seen lately, you never know what may happen, so let go and let life!

5 comments:

K.C. said...

I really wanted to see Gwen Stefani this summer...I think I'll save for Beyonce instead. You should plan to come home so we can all see her in Atlantic City. I know, more money..*sigh* Jendi, this west coast thing doesn't work for me. *smiles*

jendayi said...

you know I've never been to Atlantic City. but yeah girl, that's money!!!

jendayi said...

you know I've never been to Atlantic City. but yeah girl, that's money!!!

B.m.W said...

I can't wait for summer either! House of Blues (Chicago)! It's a wrap. I'm getting that bike on Saturday if it's all good after a test ride. I'm so excited!

T.a.c.D said...

i can't wait for you all to take me to AC for my birthday gift to see B...YES!

Related Posts with Thumbnails