Friday, April 06, 2007

The Wedding...

My girl who's getting married today called me this morning. I went from all smiles to an expression of shock in two seconds. "She did what?!"

What would you do if an unruly, 5 month-pregnant cousin drove to your rehearsal dinner from Oakland to LA (5 hours) just to curse everyone out?

How would you feel if someone stormed into what's supposed to be a peaceful, loving affair and yelled at you from across the room. "You want some of this too?!"

What would you do if a cousin calls you, the bride, and your fiance' out of your names in front of all your friends and family?

My heart goes out to her... I've been dreaming about my wedding for years... If anything like that happened at mine, I would die.

Needless to say, my girl broke down in tears.

I think someone hit someone because the idea of pressing charges came up. (gasp!) = /

I'm so glad that I left early.

I asked her, "do you think she would be crazy enough to show up at your wedding?" My girl answered in the affirmative and muttered something about having security.

SECURITY?! At your wedding?!! WOOOOOW!

I know one thing. I'm sitting near the door. (That was my mom's suggestion. Actually, it was her command.)

People answer now-a-days with guns. =(

I need to tell my date. He needs to know what the deal is. Be extra aware.

Would I go to someone's wedding if my date said to me, "something went down last night, so you may need to watch your back"... Umm...

Did I say that my heart goes out to the bride-to-be?

She told me to call her back around noon.

We'll see what happens...

Today's the day.

5 comments:

K.C. said...

OH...MY...GOODNESS. That is off the hook. Why is she so upset? And she's about to bring life into this world. Was she not invited? Is that why she's cussin' everybody out? I'm so sorry for you friend. I pray she can dismiss it and have the best day she can have.

jendayi said...

Isn't it horrible? I think that she wasn't invited because everyone knows how crazy she can be. But in the grand scheme of things, it might have been easier to invite her so she can sit down and shutup.

That's why my wedding will be small. I can't deal with all these extra people. I pray that my fiance' doesn't have a ghetto family.

T.a.c.D said...

this is totally UNBELIVABLE to me...I mean really...I really pray that she can still find joy on THEIR precious day...and get through it...

the thing is you can't pick your family and those of the one you love...this is totally out of control for me...and the sad thing is, she acted that way because she is missing something in her life, needs to fill a void of some sort and needed to act out because it wasn't about her...AND because of the type of person she is, hence the reason for her not being invited...its always a catch 22, have it small and risk folks being mad, have it large and people acting a fool...always a catch 22

and yes you have to tell your date, but I am sure he will be aiight knowing the person that you are, he would know that you wouldn't just go out to a blatant dangerous situation....do i think she will come in there packing and busting off...naw, she sounds like she just has a lot of mouth, but hey you never know...so yea, sit by the door

B.m.W said...

Wow...I have two weddings on my slate for this summer, and I would be standing by the door if I caught wind of something like this.

I'll be praying for you too. I can imagine something like this happening because of the nature of people. It's sad that something like this isn't that surprising to me.

Teej said...

Wow! Can you say Niggerdom?!?!?!? That's what came to mind. I dont blame you for sitting by the door either. Security at a wedding should never be necessary. WTF?

Related Posts with Thumbnails