Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Summer/Spots/Sweat


I've been thinking a lot lately. You know how it is when you have a million things on your mind. It's nothing really heavy, but I do find myself staring out into space sometimes. It's cool; staring out into space that is. Finding a quiet spot to sit and think.


I haven't been to my park in a while. I haven't written in my journal in a while. I miss putting pen to paper. Doing a couple of free associations under the breeze or the heat of the sun. I really can't wait for summer. I have a feeling that it's going to be an incredible one. A happy one. Trips to San Diego, driving up the coast, being on the beach, visiting wine country, jazz festivals... The reggae festival is coming up next month. I'm so anxious.


I want to find more "spots". You know what I mean. Spots around the city that you fall in love with. I live for walking up on incredible spots. The moment where you meet the spot...


I'm ready to sweat. LOL. Sounds pretty crazy huh? But I know that it's a great time when I'm dancing and sweating or when I'm at a bbq and the heat swelters around me. I love that kind of stuff. Call me crazy but that's me! And isn't there something just really intense and sexy about sweat? Or am I truly crazy right there?


This post is so out there. I'm in la la land.

8 comments:

K.C. said...

I LOVE THIS SONG!!!!
"I woke up early this mornin'...i don't think yall heare me! ....."

I LOVE THIS SONG!!! I have to go home and find that album!

K.C. said...

oh.. and I've often had to have people wake me up from my daydreams...for as long as I remember I've been doing that. I must admit it is a little piece of heaven.

jendayi said...

yeah it's a pretty great song. we did a dance to this song in college. the best dance ever! i'm going to see if i can remember it when i get home.

T.a.c.D said...

how about i was goin to put the vid on my blog...anywho...

i too daydream and think alot but you already know that..

i can did the whole bbq thing and wanting summer to come...i am excited about that myself...but NOT excited about sweating...now that...i don't like to do...

and i am thinking museums, parks, and new spots in and around DC...i can totally relate...that's my plan for the summer too...but after 6pm of course once it starts to cool off...

Anonymous said...

your thoughts are beautiful...

as crazy as this may sound, the only time I like to sweat is when I'm making love.

any other time, I can't stand it.

I love spots too. spots that draw you in and make you feel like you're in a world of euphoria. there's alot to discover in DC. that's why I love it here.

=)

Little Brown Girl said...

Sweat is Gross Ewwwwwwwwwwwww!!! LMAO!! But I loved this post...very free thinking. Those make for the best reads...

*glasses up* here's to the beauty of the upcoming summer!!!

jendayi said...

"here's to the beauty of the upcoming summer!!!"

i love that roycee!


U.B. - "your thoughts are beautiful..." Thanks hun. Although I grew up in DC/MD, I have NO idea where the spots are. You'll have to tell me one day which ones you like...

t.c. - you do NOT like the heat huh?! lol.

eclectik said...

I Love your blog, and the pic is hot.
Certainly have a way with words


Workin up a Black sweat :)

e.

eclectik-relaxation.com


The Messageboard (grown folk talk)

Related Posts with Thumbnails