Thursday, April 19, 2007

What Do You Title This?

I'm so sick right now. I can't even think. I'm just in shock. Sat with my head in my hands for a second. Told myself to start working again. Went back to my excel spreadsheet. It just didn't feel right. How do you just go back to work like everything's okay. Like nothing happened. Move on? But why? Why do we have to move on? Because that's what "they" would want. Please!

I just got an email from Ariel, the friend that just got married. The email was entitled, "Death in the Family". Two of her husband's cousins were killed in the last week. One of which was Chris's groosman. On the drive back home from the wedding, him and his fiance' and daughter were killed. Another big-rig out of control. They were almost home. They just attended a wedding! We just danced and partied and laughed and sent a couple off on a honeymoon. Killed just like that.

The atrocities of this world. So sickening. Just saw an email complete with pictures of a 21 year old girl who was mutilated by a man. Cut her hand and head off. I mean, there were pictures of her head and her hand lying separate from her body! I almost threw up.

This is too much. I'm feeling overwhelmed. Tried calling my mom. Tried calling Damian. Just overwhelmed. I'm so tired of this. VTech. The video tapes of Cho that they play over and over and over again. Crazy rantings. It's just all too much. It's just too much.

I need some air.

5 comments:

Blu Jewel said...

Aww! Big hugs. I'm sick and tired of hearing such heinous and unspeakable acts. Where the hell did all the love go? I'm on a mission to actively perform random acts of kindness just to give something back and to let people know that there is still some good in the world.

Stay up sweetie; stay up!

K.C. said...

In the final days.

T.a.c.D said...

it is really hard that's why prayer and constant bible knowledge is the KEY...stay up honey...
((((hugs))) to you....

Teej said...

hey...i totally understand. when you take a step back and look at it all it can be so overwhelming. makes you wanna just run away to somewhere secluded, right?

Melanoma in B&W said...

Dear J.A.C.,

I am contacting you regarding a blog survey I am conducting. I am a Ph.D. candidate in Mass Communication at Penn State and my dissertation project consists of a survey that looks at women bloggers’ perceived motivations for and effects of their blogging.

I am sending the survey to a number of bloggers, and I would like to invite you to participate in it as well. Participation should take approximately 15 minutes of your time. I would appreciate it tremendously if you would be willing to take the survey. If you decide to do so, please follow the link below:

http://www.personal.psu.edu/cds205/blog/signin.htm

I would be very happy to share the findings of my study with you once it is completed!

If you have any questions or comments, please don’t hesitate to contact me!

Thank you in advance,

Carmen

Related Posts with Thumbnails