Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Updates

I feel like it's been a while since I've been back. I started a new job within my company so I kinda have to feel these people out, ya know? I'm not sure how nosey or laid back they are. I gotta be careful for now. My reputation is all I have at this point. Thank goodness it's a good one.

Right now I'm listening to one of Eve's new songs featuring T.I. I LOVE this song. Please excuse all the cursing. As my boy M.C. said, "This song is FIRE!"

Got a wedding to attend Friday. My girl is getting married. I'm so excited for her. Her fiance' and her are basically already married. Most engaged couples seem like that anyway. A couple of my friends have gotten married but this is the first wedding I've attended. Well it's the first one that's located in the same state as I.

My sister is trying to get me to come to her school for some huge college event. It's called "The Stomp Down". I have no idea what it means but she's really excited about it. She's the chair so I'm can understand why she wants me there so bad. She called me and said that I have the hook-up and that I can get VIP passes and everything. LOL. I thought that was so cute. I laughed and said to her, "you do realize that I'm 3 years out of college and don't get excited about the same things you do right?" She laughed back and said "so what!" lol. Did I mention that she's too cute.

I'm listening to jazz and standards right now. I love how I just switch it up like that. lol. Nancy Wilson is the BOMB!

My stomach hurts.

I think I am going to gather all of my "good stuff" and publish it guys. Too many people have been on me about doing so. I think I want to get a couple more good writing samples though. Thicken my stack up a little. So prepare for more deep, introspective, poetry and posts soon.

My parent's 25th wedding anniversary is next month. That's incredible! I only hope for a relationship like theirs.

When you're feeling like your relationship with Jehovah isn't as tight as it used to be or it could be, pray. Ask for encouragement, strength and wisdom. (I'm talking to myself right here. Stuff is difficult.)

Still out here looking for a new job. I need to clear my mind and buckle down. I've been applying and interviewing but for some reason things just aren't coming around. If I hear another "we chose the guy with the MBA" I'm going to scream. I think I want to go back to school now. Just school and Jehovah. That sounds like a plan. Now I have to map out my course. Step 1. Study for GMAT again. Step 2. Take GMAT. Step 3. Apply for school. Sounds real simple, but we all KNOW it's not that easy. I want to go back to school full-time, so I need money. I've always wanted to go to Emory in Atlanta. I'd do USC if it was full-time. Shoo. I'd do anywhere if it was full-time. I gotta get my score up. Okay. It's decided. School here I come. Still need to find a new job, but school here I come.

California just might get me guys. I'm volunteering for a youth performing arts academy... Dance, theatre and vocal performance. You KNOW once I get involved, my heart is going to be attached to the kids right? I cried when I left my kids in Brooklyn. It was one of the hardest things I had to do. I NEVER want to leave kids that look up to me. I felt like I failed them, especially when one of the girls looked at me and said, "oh...so you're leaving us too?" Oh my goodness!!! Rip my heart into little pieces please!!! I will never forget that. So once I start this thing... I don't know. East coast - I love you, but I already know what lies ahead. I'll see you soon I hope.

Alright. It's lunch time and I need to get some work done for my part time job. Talk to you later.

Stay close!

1 comment:

T.a.c.D said...

wow....you do have a lot going on...you know I totally understand about school...in time it will all work out...in time it will truly all come together
we miss you on the east coast...but hey you gotta do what you gotta do....and I know how it is with the kids...something about them...

Related Posts with Thumbnails