Thursday, April 12, 2007

Off to OU


I'm going to Oklahoma tomorrow. My sister has been dying for me to come visit. She's the president of the Black Student Organization (BSO), and if I understand this correctly, the BSO is throwing a huge campus-wide event called "STOMP DOWN" which is one of the biggest anticipated events for Oklahoma University (OU). I'm sure it'll be all about probate shows, step shows, greek life, etc. You know... that "back-in-the-day" stuff. It's been a few years since I've been around that hoop-la so my excitement level is not quite up to my sisters, but I'm sure I'll have fun nevertheless. I know how to reminisce with the teenagers (although my sis is 20) and still get my groove on, ya know? I'm just happy that I can be there to support my sister. She keeps pointing out that I'll have VIP access all weekend. lol. I'm not sure what that means at OU, but it's cute. I'll share in her energy and excitement for the time being. She just wants to show off her big sister. If I had an older sibling, I'd want to do the same.

So I'm leaving at 6:50 in the morning tomorrow. She just HAD to make sure I was there on Friday. Good thing I just got my every-other-Friday-off privileges back. (Yay!) So let's see... what should I pack? (You guys don't have to read any further. This is just for me. But feel free if you'd like to continue!)


pajamas
a hoodie
the good ole college shower shoes!
toilettries
scarf
curling iron
umbrella
towel and sponge-thingy (I wonder if she has a towel for me)
shower cap (my sis' shower caps are always stretched out for some reason!)
bag of jewelry
makeup bag
Friday's daytime outfit
Friday's nighttime outfit
Saturday's daytime outfit
Saturday's nighttime outfit
Sunday's clothes for the plane
(like how I just summed up the outfits? That's what's going to take me the longest to figure out!! Good job J.. =/ )
a universal sweater
a universal jacket
4 sets of underwear
pair of tennis shoes
something clothing options for my sis (cuz I KNOW she'll be all IN my suitcase for something to wear)
book
iPod
digi camera

I wonder if I should bring work. I'm not taking my labtop. ...Hmm.... No. This weekend is about me and my sis. No work this time. But I should email myself my resume and cover letter just in case I have time to apply to jobs while away.

That's a lot of stuff for 2 1/2 days. *sigh* I can NEVER pack light. I feel like such a fool rolling my big ole suitcase for a 2 1/2 college weekend getaway. Lol. Dah well!

Have a good one ladies and gents!

Stay close.

3 comments:

T.a.c.D said...

its funny because besides the "night out outfits" i have to take all of that stuff for the Kiamsha Leadership Retreat...man...neither of us will get any rest this weekend...i have to be at the bus at 6:30am so i feel your pain...

you and j have fun...just go with the college flow...lol

K.C. said...

TC:but we gotta pack sheets and and blankets and pillows...JC:I think you'll have fun. VIP Access girl! That the life! LOL

It is What It Is... said...

First of all young lady - you are only 24 years old. Your behind ain't that old...LOL

Second of all - you should've taken your laptop! LOL I need help with my blog girl! Check your email when you have time. LOL

Third of all - HAVE FUN!!! LOL

Hurry back...so you can blog!

Smooches!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails