Monday, April 30, 2007

My Goals/West to East

I've had a lot of discussions surrounding my goals lately, so I just wanted to list them really quickly. You know when you put them down, they start to become more real...

1. Find a new job
2. Get baptized
3. Take GMAT
4. Go back to school full-time
5. To do #4, I have a goal to receive 100% funding!
(Kinda nervous about that one ya'll)
6. Move back east
7. Pursue my relationship with baby boi


I wanna put goal #6 in more words... For the past two years, I've been adamant about staying single. I knew that if I pursued any type of relationship out here in California, I would run into a sticky situation where moving back east is concerned. Most Californians believe that LA is the be-all-to-end-all... that the rest of the nation doesn't exist... that it would be dumb to ever live anywhere else. Well, if that isn't extremely close-minded, I don't know what is. It's not just Californians that feel this way though. A lot of New Yorkers and DC 'urea heads speak the same craziness. It was frustrating when I heard DC/MD/VA people tell me that there's no place better than the 'urea. I used to scruntch my face up and think "for REAL?! THIS little tiny metropolitan city? You can sit on the metro for one measly day and explore everything there is to know about the DC area and be cool!" I didn't understand how they prefer the 'urea when they've never lived anywhere else. I'm a little less ticked off when I hear Californians say it though because the state is amazingly huge. There's no way you could explore everything there is to know about CA in your time here. The state is incredibly dynamic. Not to mention it's absurdly beautiful and loads of fun. I have to give credit where credit is due, BUT please don't tell me that California is the be-all-to-end-all when haven't lived anywhere else. =( Back to how this relates to my goal... So much to my dismay, I've run into that sticky situation I mentioned up above. My entire family lives on the east coast. I just can't imagine having a whole country's-worth of distance between me and them for the rest of my life. I already miss my family as it is. How do I even begin to think that I can stay this way for another 10 years? I don't really have a problem completing b-school on the west (which will take another 2 to 3 years) but after that... I don't know.


If everyone's in Huntsville Alabama, I basically live anywhere on the map above. That way I can hop on a plane or in a car with my kids and be to the great grandparents, grandparents and grand aunts and uncles in no time. All this 2,000 miles away stuff is not cool. =( I just can't imagine raising children separate from my family. It makes me sorta sad to think about it. I'm willing to compromise though. I'll expand my range from just the south to the northeast as well. It's kinda cold up there though so I don't think that'll be much of a compromise for anyone. I think the compromise would be to live on the west for longer than I care to. But I'll do what I have to do. This is a little depressing but I'm sure it'll work out. Stay tuned... =/

7 comments:

B.m.W said...

I love that you were rockin' that Saadiq. Don't worry, but do your research. You'll be more than fine when you choose a school, man, job locale, etc. Stay positive, J. Everything always works out according to God's plan, especially when we keep Him first in EVERYTHING.

Blu Jewel said...

I agree with b.m.w...keep it all in prayer and it will work out the way it's supposed to. feel Raphael too! *smile*

K.C. said...

Come on over Gurl!!!! LOL

Doesn't it feel good to know EXACTLY what you want and know in what order your priorities lie!?

Throw some of that certainty over here!

T.a.c.D said...

1st love the music!
2 you get it!!!
i am so happy that you have your goals in order and i know you have your priorities lined up with the most high...so its only a matter of time sis...only a mater of time

Chance said...

This is my first time here. I love your blog!

You've got your goals in order, what most don't realize is that is the hard part. Once your know where you're want to go, You just have to go after it.

Have a wondeful Tuesday.

Ms. Confessions said...

Digging anyone with a plan. It starts there! Aim high and go for what you know....

It is What It Is... said...

Hey Girl, My aunt moved from the DC area when she was in her late 20's to the West Coast - L.A. to be exact. (Hell - my brother is there now) but anyway - she eventually moved back this way in 2002 for some of the same reasons...she got married, wanted kids and wanted to be close to the family and it was just too, too far away. So I think you're on the right track...of course you know you can always visit...in the meantime - IF baby boi is the one - start talking him into moving this way like now! LMBO!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails