I'm probably more excited than I should be, but guess what? Precious-Gem nominated me for the "honest blogger award"! That's gal! And look what she said about me!!! "J.A.C...She speaks my language too and just as I'm thinking "it's just me", I read her thoughts and realize that it's not. I'm so glad that people are willing to be honest. Not to mention, her writing style is so romantic. It's so flowy and organic." That's fantastic! Mainly because I never think people actually read my ran-dumn thoughts and insane ramblings. When I have more than 4 comments, it's usually because I emailed out the link and BEGGED people to comment. But anyway, I really love my blog and wouldn't know where I would be without it or my personal journey. It's the purest form of j.a.c. therapy. So I appreciate the nomination from the bottom of my heart Precious-Gem. You made my day.
So per the rules, I'm supposed to nominate 7 other blogs that I believe are deserving of this award. Some of these bloggers have been nominated by others, but my list is my list. On your free time, check them out.
1. A Belle In Brooklyn
2. Brown Sista
Now I'm told to list [if you can and or dare] at least ten honest things about yourself. And then, pass it on. So, here it is.
1. I'm feeling more and more confident in my professional abilities. I'm just getting to a place where I am claiming that I'm good at my job and am irreplacable. (Hopefully Time Inc. feels the same way while they're doing their lay-offs. Eeek!)
2. I'm getting to the point where I can't walk out the door looking 100% put together. I used to be able to walk out in sweatpants and a t-shirt, but I just can't do it anymore. All of my sweatpant-like clothes are reserved for inside the house. I do still love them though.
3. If I got laid off, I would love to write for a living, but I'm afraid my passion for writing will die if I am required to write. But I do want to try. I love it too much not to.
4. I think I'm becoming obsessed with Melinda Williams. Something about her is so radiating. Watch her speak in this video. She's intelligent and adorable!
5. I absolutely love where my relationship is with God. My heart is so full just thinking about his amazing power and mightiness and how even with all that, he cares about little ole' me.
6. I'm in love with my short hair cut. It's so easy to manage. And because it's so short, every day it looks done, even when it's dirty. I think that's a task that every brown sista works to accomplish in her hay day. But since it is dirty right now, I'm going to use some pomade and walk into work with a fauhawk tomorrow. =)
7. I can't wait to get married and turn my husband out. Shhh!!! Don't tell anybody!
8. I've been writing a lot of lyrics lately and some of the things that are coming out my head are surprising me. "Never thought I'd do that until you/Never before did I have the nerve/Never before did I have you." And "I'ma let you in on a secret/I already know how you like it" Huh? j.a.c.! Where is this coming from?! Lol.
9. I often have to repeat to myself "be loving j.a.c. be loving j.a.c. be loving j.a.c." when looking at certain people who look or act like a hot mess. God don't like ugly (and I wish someone would tell them that too!), so I do my best to correct myself.
10. My perceptive powers are sharp as a sword. I can pick up on people's attitudes and moods even if they're only slight. Even from all the way across the country. If something's different, I feel it in my bones. My radar is on point.
and here's an extra one i wanted to add just because
11. I want to work on glowing instead of being so serious all the time. (Who I appear to be through my writing is not really who I am in real life. I'm kinda stoic, sadly enough.) You know how when people are in love, they glow? Well I want that glow without the assistance of a man. I want to be so warm and fun that I radiate when I walk into a room. For instance, when you look at Angelina Joile, you feel her sexiness and incredible feline energy. Well, when people look at me, I would like for them to actually feel my joy and as a result, be happy. I want to be able to touch people without physically touching them. (Not that people have cooties or anything. I'm just saying.) But of course, this is something that's going to have to come from within. Well since I'm extremely happy with my life right now, I don't see why it can't be so. Maybe it already is. Now that I think about it, I do feel like I'm walking on clouds 80% of the time. (Warm, cheesy smile.)