Friday, October 27, 2006

Dreaming in LA

So I was standing in Los Angeles County one day just thinking. And this is what came to mind in my daydreaming of a moment.

When standing among the smog and rough crowds of downtown LA, I dream of many wonderous things. Like countless acres of green on a warm day in France. Tiny brown villas under the heat of an African sun. Orange, red and yellow flowers in a field down by Tuscany.


When I dream, I sometimes look to the left, down a dusty Broadway filled with homeless men, and see a chest full of magenta chiffon scarfs made in India. I experience the smell of grapes swaying from the vines in Rome. The huges trees standing sturdy in the steamy jungle in northern Thailand.



I close my eyes among the superficiality of Beverly Hills and feel the breeze from the Aegean Sea roll into the Greek stone walls. The aromas from the jamon y queso shops on las calles in Sevillas engulf me. I think of tall blades of grass surrounding me up by the English chateau. I imagine the warmth of the sun in my body on an Australian beach.



The sight of impeccably dressed, designer adorned men and women in Mercedes Benzes and 8 series BMWs oblivious to anyone but themselves pushes me into a whirlwind of sweet air that radiates from a forest of pine trees in Nicaragua. I daydream until I feel the abundance of a purple and red sunset beam brightly on my face.



All of it makes me wish I was somewhere else. Somewhere simple, natural, sweet. Somewhere amazing. I'm captivated by beauty. I'm not one of those who takes it for granted. My eyes are focused to see the wonder of daylight fading into a calm darkness and the coming glowing moon. I appreciate the glory of seeing something for the first time along with pristine sights that I see everyday. I want to walk out the door and see happiness. I want to feel air swirling around me, picking me up and carrying me anywhere. I want to experience a single candle in the window of a Scottish cottage.
I dream in LA of everywhere.

I hope I looked at peace when I took my moment to daydream in the middle of Los Angeles County that day. But for some reason, I'm sure I looked a little crazy. =)
Man I need to travel...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lol Just a little bit crazy probably. Still, we daydreamers can do that when we go off to our little worlds. You definitely have a way with words, my dear. And I know EXACTLY what you mean! Man, this entry makes me want to travel the world! Whenever I have a family, we're definitely taking a family trip per year (at least one :-)) to take in sights like these.

Whenever I travel I'm not so big on tourist attractions as I am for beautiful landscapes or the subcultures found in small towns. Like that favorite park you may have out in LA or that little intimate corner of the beach that you can always go to for peace and quiet.

You know I have my fascination with sunsets. Everytime I see a really nice one, I can't help but think abuot how the Almighty puts little elements of Himself into all of us. In that moment, you realize that in someways, artists can show off that bit of the Almighty in them. The Almighty is the best artist you can find!

Peace,
Kep.

Related Posts with Thumbnails