Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Space

He's letting me breathe.
Giving me the room to be me.
He's providing me space.
Leaving me personal time in my place.
He's taking his time.
Knowing I need a moment to make up my mind.
He's breaking the chains.
Keeping me free to live my dreams.


I appreciate the air and the freedom you're so kindly giving.
It means more to me than you would ever recognize.
The time I have will give me the chance to let life happen.
Against your wishes you let me go so we could compromise.

Don't think that I don't appreciate what you're doing.
I'm very cognizant of how much you care for me.
It's amazing how you do it without much complaining.

I love how you let go of yourself for me.

I won't always need all this room that I'm craving.
I know that the selfishness won't last forever.
At some time, these me-isms will no longer appealing.
I pray you will be there to fill me from January to December.

I pray.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes, reading your entries, I hear the words as a narration behind a movie. I see the scene, and know it goes with the words, so I appreciate it for what it is. But, like a good trailer, I always want to see the rest of the movie! :-)

Amazing how relevant that is for me right now. From the other half of the equasion, but it's the side I wonder about.

Peace,
Kep.

jendayi said...

@kep - really? narration? i guess i could see that. especially for the first part.

i'm glad that this is relevant for you and you could see things from the other side of the equation. speaking from my standpoint (of course), space is important when you want it. there's usually a subconscious reason why you need that space and time, and the best thing to do is to follow that gut reaction. from the other side of things, it can be extremely difficult to give a person their space when you want to be close to them. it can be tough sometimes. but i believe patience is the answer. everything will work itself out in one way or another.

Related Posts with Thumbnails