Saturday, October 07, 2006

Saturday

Hey,

Why does it seem like the hours are just dragging by? Who would have ever thought I would say that about a Saturday? I just want this weekend to be over. I want to go back to work, get busy with all my meetings, and plummet back into the weeknight tv schedule.

What did I do today? I woke up at 7 to go into field service. By 9, I was home and in the bed again. I thought I would fall asleep since I went out last night and only had 4 hours of sleep, but I wasn't so lucky. There it was. 9am. The beginning of the day. Wide awake. And not a plan in sight. Usually I do homework, but I finished my certificate program in September so I had no help there. Someone asked me recently what I do on Saturdays and I really couldn't answer them. I mean, the last couple of Saturdays have been filled with family visits, fun events, appointments, and girlfriend's in town, but ever since I graduated, nothing has been mandatory. So to help pass some hours by, I put in a movie. Moulin Rouge. I love that movie. It made me sad though, and when I was finished as early as 10:45, I was even more sad. So I called my homie and yapped away, but that was all done by 1. Ok, so now I had about 9 more hours to go (assuming I'll turn in around 10). I then turned on Moulin Rouge again with the director's commentary and began to go through that. (lol. twice in one day huh J? was the day that bad? lol.) I didn't finish it though because I became distracted by a song Nicole Kidman sang. The lyrics hit me so much that I went online to search for the song. That led me into checking emails and reading blogs. I got back on the phone for a brief moment, and then got a call from B telling me to go see The Departed (which is a great movie by the way). That's what I did at 4:30. I was happy when I left the theatre because 3 hours had passed. I didn't realize the movie was so long. Now I'm home, blogging, and counting down the time until I go to bed. I'll probably read my WatchTower and pass out early. Tomorrow should be a better day. With service and football, I should be cool.

You know what? I don't like being inside my apartment on Saturday. It's not that I necessarily want to go anywhere, but I'd rather sit outside in the courtyard under the blue, Saturday sky then be inside my dimly, lit apartment. There's just something wrong with being in here during my day of rest. Maybe if I had a roommate it would be different. I'm not saying I want one because that couldn't be any further from the truth, but I'm sure I would feel differently.

I hope your Saturday was more eventful.

Take care.

J

2 comments:

Daneger said...

I know what it's like to have one of those days. I normally spend a day like that in front of the video game but I know that probably doesn't work for you...LOL.

jendayi said...

Yeah that doesn't work for me too much. lol. I do need something like that to occupy me though. =/ Well it's days like last Saturday that make me wish I was into video games.

Related Posts with Thumbnails