Wednesday, October 11, 2006

One Hundred!

Happy One Hundred Posts To Me!! Yes sir! This marks my 100th post and I am truly excited!

I've thought about what I should do for this post and I orginally decided that I would challenge myself by listing 100 things about myself that people might not know, but that would be difficult (hence the word 'challenge'), so then I decided that I would take a line from or talk about the point of each of my previous 99 posts intertwined with the a couple of tid bits about me here and there. So here it goes. I hope you enjoy. (If you actually get through this whole thing, I'll be very impressed.)

1. Get My Eagle On - The beginning of a beautiful blogging relationship. It was on this day that I decided to spread my wings and get my eagle on.
2. Hoodies and Sweatpants - "Can I please get a hoodie and some sweatpants please?! ...Don't get me wrong now. I'll step out in some stilettos and a fresh ensemble in a minute, but sometimes I just want to take it back."
3. My Husband - This is one my favorite posts... "the feel of mature hands moving across my cocoa-colored shoulder blades..." You haven't read it, please do so. I'm sure you'll like it.
4. One talent I wish I possessed - the ability to SANG. I can sing, but unfortunately I wasn't equipped with the tools to blow. =/
5. Yesterday morning while talking with my mother, I decided that it is not imperative that I move in January. I'm in no rush to leave California after all, and my mother agreed that upon her visit, she could see that there's no dire need for me to leave right now. "No rush", I told her.
6. 5 Minutes of Free Association - I love free association posts. I always found out something about myself I didn't know before. "My moods, personalities, alter egos, curves, dips, and peaks."
7. A Man Who Finds A Wife Finds A Good Thing - Does a woman need a man or is it more so the man who needs the woman? How about this? We need each other.
8. Be My - "Be my lover darling... I promise I'll give you goosebumps..." Another one of my all time favorites. Read this one too!
9. In My Childhood - My dad is CRAZY, and that's why I love him!
10. Today's Message - "If God can see what will happen in the future, why does he let bad things happen to people?" Good question. Read the post for the answer.
11. There's nothing better than a tall glass of Mrs. Smith's warm apple pie with vanilla ice cream on top. Yep, I said glass.
12. One thing I love about myself - my body.
13. Honoroble Media - http://www.honorablemedia.com/blog/
14. I'm a sucker for a man who can write heartfelt lyrics/poetic words.
15. Music = Good Mood - I'm in love with music. Joe's music makes me feel like a woman.
16. I understood just how much my parents love doing things for their children when they surprised me by taking me to a Janet Jackson concert when I was little. The smiles on their faces when they saw how excited I was will never leave my memory.
17. I wish that I could perform again. I miss the stage.
18. Sigh...=( - "I have no permanence and if it wasn't for the fact that I know my purpose is to minister to others, I wouldn't have a point either."
19. Sisters and Friends - I LOVE my sister. (click on the link to see her pic.) I miss you Pooh!!
20. 1/2 the equation - Oh man. This post is the essence of my life as it relates to relationships. It never fails.
21. Random Thoughts All Day Long! - This post makes me smile. I should do more of this.
22. Good Question Kepa - A post on what it takes to impress me and what I want in a man. That was a hard one.
23. The Model Prayer - Have you ever thought about what the model prayer means? Read this if you haven't.
24. Favorite Song!!! Thanks T!!! - My happy song!!
25. The last time I cried was this past weekend.
26. My bday is next month!!! Yay!!! Too bad I can't celebrate it. Shoot. Happy to be turning 24 ya'll!
27. Admist all the papers and supplies I have on my desk at work are the three pics that mean to the most to me. One of my sister and I, one of the four of us (the fam), and one black and white of my sister's face that I took.
28. Current Mood - I must say that that was a pretty expressive way of saying that my job was killing me. Very creative J!
29. Something's Missing - I wrote this at a time when I was pretty confused about my life. This doesn't happen often because I often have a plan, but the plan just wasn't making any sense. It's funny because this doesn't seem like too long ago, but I'm not anywhere near this anymore.
30. My Wonderful Weekend - I still remember how perfect this weekend was.
31. Quote of the Week - "A man is only as faithful as his options." Boy did I start something with that one!
32. You're No Longer In Love - My most chilling revelation every. I can honestly say that I grew by writing this. I deem this post the "J's Choice Award".
33. Stupid Diddy - I can't stand that man. Period.
34. I Order You To... - Mmmm. Lovely. Definitely One of the Honorable Mentions. Read this one too.
35. Free Association - More of J's thoughts. Good stuff.
36. Hair - Pics of me with different hair styles. I will NEVER get another weave again!
37. What makes me smile - When someone I know is experiencing a happy moment.
38. I Made It - My reflection on my two year California anniversary. Am I happy to still be here or not?
39. New World Flamenco - I'm crazy about Spanish dance styles. My editorial review on a performance.
40. Quote of the Week - "Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood." And this STILL applies!
41. Weird - I had a weird night that spilled over into the morning. I'm glad those don't happen too often.
42. I have a hard time walking down unchartered territory. It makes me really nervous. Oddly enough, I do it all the time, and never regret it.
43. Zuri - "She picked up her right hand, flicked her shoulder-length pressed hair and walked out of the mirror's reflection."
44. Names/Personalities - This was funny but true. Who is J.C.?
45. Will You Be My Boss? - I like it when you take charge! ; - )
46. Where Are You? - A song about a boy named Kenneth.
47. I often feel divided between the idea of someone only needing to know what I tell them and the idea of being 100% honest in all situations.
48. Her Entrance - "Her stature and quiet confidence challengesthe room. Not one person can avoid noticing."
49. I hate cleaning the kitchen. I'd rather clean a toilet bowl.
50. I'm at #50 and I already think this is too much but I declare I will finish this before the day is over!
51. Untitled - About a boy named Kenneth.
52. Right now, I'm wearing my favorite pair of jeans laced with a brown leather belt, brown round-toe heels, a beige shirt with little hearts on it, and a brown blazer. Gotta Coooordinate!
53. My Favorite - Teedra Moses' CD means so much to me.
54. Press my button to make me feel you. Explore the depths of me and make me experience the ways of your perfection. - J.C.
55. Gently bite me there. It's here that I can feel when you need me. - J.C.
56. That Good Ole Tender Lovin Care - I still long for this.
57. I choose to remain neutral on all political affairs.
58. I miss my best friend - Kacey, I can't wait to see you.
59. UGGGHHHH - According to miKeSee, this post marked the day I became a true blogger. lol. Thanks miKeSee!
60. I love that my mother calls me to ask for advice. She's such a great woman.
61. To date, I am working on my 8th journal. I began journaling at the age of 12.
62. What I Want In A Man - hmm... Interesting. I don't know if I still feel the same.
63. Moving Down South - No more Atlanta for me! Unless I determine that I DO want a MBA and get into Emory.
64. About Me - More stuff on J.C.!
65. The Good Wife's Guide - 1955 - I'd be a good wife, just not like this!
66. My ex wrote "just wanted you to know you are a great person and anybody in their right frame of mind would be blessed to have you by their side being their significant other, so Never sell yourself short, and you are a lot stronger than you may think sometimes. Give yourself some credit. I love you mumi will all of my soul and i want everything for you." He could have made me cry with that.
67. Real Quick - I realize that I have to blog in order to release.
68. Oh Los Angeles - This was a fun experience. Bow Wow, Chris Brown, and JD video shoot.
69. I need a bigger apartment so I can have a bigger kitchen and a dishwasher. If I had a bigger kitchen and a dishwasher, I would actually cook sometimes. Everytime I go in my kitchen I suffer from clastrophobia. =/
70. Football Season Starts Today - I think I made a lot of men happy with this post.
71. Stupid Police! - They truly bring out the nasty in me. Welcome to J's mean streak.
72. Fav - My favorite music video of all time!!
73. There's a meeting in my bedrooooooooommm!! - Silkk. I had to take a minute and play the video ya'll!!!
74. I got a lot of compliments on my hair yesterday. 4 to be exact. I think I'll keep it short for a while. I really like my new cut.
75. Phew! 25 More to Go. I WILL DO THIS!
76. Lesson Learned - Never hit a parked car and drive away without leaving a note.
77. Sunday - This just reminds me of my independence. I always seem to find a way to entertain myself (except for last Saturday).
78. On My Mind - Again, I love my body. No one can make me feel otherwise.
79. Reflection - I miss my college gfs. We had so much fun together!
80. Blogging - To What Degree? - Apparently I'm not the only one who loves blogging. Oh and I inspired Dane with this post!! Yay!!
81. I used to be obsessed with farting. That didn't come out right. What I meant to say was... Well, look. lol. As a kid, I used to die laughing whenever anyone farted. For some reason, I used to get GREAT kicks out of it. I was a weird child.
82. It Never Rains - I miss the rain! Where's the rain!?
83. I miss working with kids. I loved giving back during my time with Kiamsha. If I worked with Kiamsha again, I'd only want to do the performing arts portion though. I would love to write, produce and direct the shows.
84. The Standard Conversation - So sad when I think about it. I think I need to change my approach to this. I'm starting to cultivate a new philosophy on this. Look out for a post on this soon.
85. One of My Fav R&B Artists - There's just something about them. Men, passionate lyrics, singing, R&B... I just love it. I think it's the vulnerability. So great.
86. Ladies - I had a great time with the ladies! Girls night out!!! Reminded me of those good ole college times.
87. I pay over $2,000 a month in bills. Ridiculous!!!
88. Believe Me - Another one that has to go in the compilation case. I still can't believe I write things like this.
89. Cigarette Break/I Can't/Right Now - A post written about a guy named Michael.
90. Mood: Pensive - A post inspired by Michael.
91. Mama Dukes - I love my mommy. She helped me figure everything out!
92. Free Me - I Know That's Right!!! I will Always feel like this!
93. I finally received that beautifully cased piece of paper that says "This is to certify that J.A.C. has successfully completed the 36 unit requirement for the Professional Designation In Business" complete with the UCLA seal!! Even though in reality it may not mean much, I worked my butt off for this piece of paper. And I am so happy.
94. Truth - "I do know that I want to be a wife and a mother. That's always been a desire."
95. I am intersted in increasing my portfolio of investments. I need to do some research and get back on the grind on this.
96. A Recommendation - Jazz music makes me feel good and relaxed. It has a wonderfully calming affect on me.
97. Ooooh! - This joint is tight! (There goes that east coast lingo coming out of me.)
98. I'm a city girl. I love the hustle and bustle of a city's heartbeat. The pulsing, throbbing vibe energizes me. I miss the city.
99. My 99th post is actually a 'draft'. So in actuality this is my 99th post since the other one isn't up yet, BUT I don't care. I've officially written 100 posts, no matter whether they're able to be read or not. Plus, if I didn't count that post, it would make this moment so much less meaningful. =(
100. And if you've made it to this part, please respond with my initials and you will receive a reward!!! ;-) But on the real, from the bottom of my heart, thanks for taking the time out to get to know my crazy butt through my 100 posts and personal tid bits. I really appreciate your interest and for giving me a reason to blog every day (or so). While I love to blog for my own personal reflection, it makes it all the more worthwhile when I know that people actually care. Awww... This calls for a hug! Come here! MMMmmmmmmmmm. Ok. Go on now. Get!

See you on the flip side homie!

Love j.a.c.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I made it! Lol You are definitely a character, JC. The farting thing had me dying. Wasn't as funny as the entry about Mr. C and you guys one the highway though. Good stuff. I always enjoy reading your blog. Keep em coming!

Oh, and I'm starting to keep my myspace blog updated weekly with new poetry (every Sunday) so keep an eye out! www.myspace.com/kepafreeman

Peace,
Kep.

jendayi said...

@ Kep- Now when I say that I'm impressed, I feel like I'm understating how I truly feel. I can't believe you got through the whole thing!!! Thank you for taking an interest Kep! That's...shocking!! lol. Either you really are interested or you just have too much time on your hands. lol. I'll check out the blog soon. Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

Lol, It was a nice break from studying the history of medieval music. Honestly though, if you wrote a book about your collection of soda can tops, I'd probably buy it. You're just a good writer, homie!

Peace,
Kep.

It is What It Is... said...

Well J,

Congrats...I'm right behind you I think...

I just can't seem to find anything to blog about...keep me in prayer! LOL

Emails are so much easier and quicker for me to reach my audience...and get my thoughts out in cyber space...I garner a bigger response from emails...so we'll see if I can convert my talents over to the blog....but you and Tiffany have that on lock...and I'm not that interested yet...but we'll see.

PS. YOU know that there was an online study done about bloggers that found that most people who own blogs have huge egos??? LOL

Jessi!

T.a.c.D said...

Well I got through all 100 CONGRATS on making it that far...I am not quite there yet but I am getting there...we shall see...

& Jes you are a hater...LOL

Daneger said...

JAC, I made it all the way thru also. I was actually surprised how many of them I have read. Thought I would have missed more since I haven't been doing this that long. You got to 100 FAST...LOL. Oh yeah I appreciate the shout out too.
Young, you have had a lot of hairdo's...LOL.

Daneger said...

I meant to say thanks for the mention not shout out...I figure since it's your 100th it's special to get mentioned :-)

jendayi said...

@ kep - You're silly. Thanks for all the love though. =)

@ it is what it is - What?!!! Huge Egos?!!! Are you serious? Well I hope that study doesn't define me. I don't want to have an ego. =(

@ t.c. - I'm surprised you're not at 100 yet. If not, you must be pretty close, especially since you started before me.

@ daneger - Well that means that you actually read more than you think you do. Either that or my suff really IS interesting. =) I do have a lot of hairdos huh? Lol. Gotta change it up! And I'll have a different one on the cruise too!!! You're welcome for the 'mention'.

Related Posts with Thumbnails