Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Truth or Dare - Take 3

So Daneger put us out there and called our game of truth or dare the softest game ever. I have to admit that I do agree. We were taking it pretty easy on the truths, but I almost prefer it that way when it's over the internet. Now, in person is a different story.

So here's Daneger's truth - "Ok I'll ask you something simple. When you dream of your perfect man who do you picture as that man and why? (this is just the first thing to come to mind) Now I completely expect you to have some P.C. way out of answering this but there is always someone in mind even if you know that person isn't what you want them to be."

Lol. You're right Daneger. I do have an incredibly P.C. way of answering this question. It just so happens that it's the absolute truth. When I close my eyes and dream of the perfect man, I dream of my father. I'm sorry to say it Daneger, but he is truly my perfect man. However, since I know that answer does not please you, I'll say this. There's this guy out there, who shall remain nameless of course, who I regret not giving a chance to. Actually, I had no choice in the matter being that I went away to college and then to California afterwards so I guess there's no regret to have. I had to go away, so... I guess everything happens for a reason. But in high school, I took notice of a guy in my congregation that I was very much attracted to. He was a bit wild and all over the place when I was in high school and college, so I never pursued it. I guess he was going through that player/sowing his wild oats phase. To my shock, during my last visit home, this now calm, mature, spiritual, responsible man introduces me to his wife... hmm... I don't even feel like relaying that experience to you right now. All I will say is that I can't even tell you how uncomfortable it was being that he and I used to flirt all the time and constantly have people tell us that we were going to get married. But anyway, yeah. If I had to pick someone, it would be him. He's a good man (now), and if circumstances were different, I wouldn't have let him go.

How's that Dane?

11 comments:

Daneger said...

I guess I can live with that. It was meant to be a little bit revealing and at the same time show some perspective on your outlook of men so you basically gave me both of those with both of your answers.

jendayi said...

Ok so your truth is - Tell the world what qualities you would take from each of your past girls to make the woman of your dreams.

T.a.c.D said...

whoooooooo I am liking this....

Anonymous said...

I wanna play!

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking about something. . .if you hadn't have let him go at his "oat sewing" stage, it probably wouldn't have worked out and you would have most likely have been hurt in the process. I think you mentioned that you've never been cheated on. Perhaps you moving was the Almighty's way of protecting you from that.

Not to mention there were lessons that you've learned in this time as well, so when hubbie comes along everything is great for both of you. Who knows, that kind of heartbreak may have kept you from the man you're supposed to end up with. Never know. . .

By the way, you're opinion on new poetry on myspace would be appreciated. (You too, TC, and anyone else who's reading this.)

www.myspace.com/kepafreeman


Peace,
Kep.

Daneger said...

Yeah I want to know what ya'll think about putting poetry up on myspace also because I have a lot of stuff on there already.

jendayi said...

@kep - yeah Kepa. I agree, which is why I mentioned that everything happens for a reason. I'm fine with how everything turned out. I'll be visiting your page as soon as I can.

@daneger - what's your myspace page url?

jendayi said...

@kep - "goo goo eyes" reminds me of me, as I'm sure it does for every female who has experienced growth where love is concerned. - "rebound girl" - i love that! i have a friend like that. i can truly identify. the second stanza gets a little deep but i can definitely identify with the first one. Spanglish is a GREAT movie isn't it?

jendayi said...

@kep - keep writing Kepa.

Anonymous said...

Appreciate it, homie. I shall keep writing indeed. Updates every Sunday!

Peace,
Kep.

Daneger said...

www.myspace.com/danegerous_soul

I haven't written anything since that piece about my grandmother a month ago but there is other stuff up there also...about 15 pieces in all. Let me know what you think.

Related Posts with Thumbnails