Monday, October 23, 2006

Funny!!!

Men... Do you feel Stephen's sentiments?! Is this something we woman need to be more conscious of? Let me know!

S.H. says:
hi
J.C. says:
hey you
S.H. says:
i have a question.
S.H. says:
on a 1st date, when a guy opens the door for you on a 1st date, do you attempt to open his door from inside the car?
J.C. says:
no
J.C. says:
why, do you expect that?
S.H. says:
man...women of the boeing company scare me
S.H. says:
YES!
J.C. says:
lol
S.H. says:
i expect that!
J.C. says:
lol
J.C. says:
what?
J.C. says:
ok wait
S.H. says:
im bout to call my moms
J.C. says:
i would definitely unlock the door for him
S.H. says:
make sure i aint get my facts twisted
J.C. says:
but being that doors are automatic now a days
S.H. says:
okay - but lets say its the automatic door lock...would u at least reach over?
S.H. says:
see - technology are making a woman's life TOO easy
S.H. says:
lol
J.C. says:
reach over to open his door?
S.H. says:
yea
J.C. says:
wow
J.C. says:
umm..
J.C. says:
lol
J.C. says:
yeah call your moms and see what she says
J.C. says:
i don't think that's normal S.H.
J.C. says:
and this is coming from a woman that has manners
J.C. says:
but i guess that is the considerate thing to do
S.H. says:
calling moms now
J.C. says:
interesting question S.H.
J.C. says:
really interesting
J.C. says:
it never crossed my mind!
J.C. says:
wow
S.H. says:
lol - my moms is rolling
J.C. says:
so if she was in a dress or a skirt or a low cut top, and shifting would cause some sort of accident, would you expect her to really lean over to keep your door from closing while you walked around?
J.C. says:
isn't that awkward?
J.C. says:
i'm about to call my mom too. cuz i'm at a lost for this one.
J.C. says:
my mom and i are dying too!!
J.C. says:
my mom says that's probably too difficult in an escalade! lmbo!
J.C. says:
she said no!
J.C. says:
that's too far!
J.C. says:
it's awkward to do so!
S.H. says:
lol
S.H. says:
hahaha
J.C. says:
back in the old days, unlocking it is protocol
J.C. says:
my mom says she has never leaned all the way over to open a door
J.C. says:
i have tears in my eyes!
J.C. says:
oh my goodness
S.H. says:
LOL
J.C. says:
lmbo
S.H. says:
hahahaha
S.H. says:
But opening the door...I'm not about to sweat out my hair and over-exert myself when you could easily do it yourself
S.H. says:
thats what reecie said
S.H. says:
lol
J.C. says:
lol
J.C. says:
i hear that!
J.C. says:
cuz our doors now-a-days are so heavy
J.C. says:
that they're just going to close anyway
J.C. says:
i mean what do we have to do? 1, 2, 3. PUSHHH!!!
J.C. says:
lol
J.C. says:
if you're hands were full, yes
S.H. says:
HAHAHAHAHAH
S.H. says:
okay..
J.C. says:
but thanks for this. i'll definitely be more conscious of it.
S.H. says:
lol
S.H. says:
hahaha
J.C. says:
i don't know if i'll do it, but i'll be conscious
J.C. says:
lol
S.H. says:
LOL
S.H. says:
my mom said that she should attempt to unlock the doors
J.C. says:
i am seriously drying my eyes off
J.C. says:
right
S.H. says:
but if they are automatic, then she should look cute
S.H. says:
lol

J.C. says:
right!
J.C. says:
thank you
J.C. says:
moms knows
S.H. says:
but im just gonna disable automatic locks from my car
S.H. says:
lol
J.C. says:
LMBO
J.C. says:
ahhh!!!!
J.C. says:
lol
S.H. says:
hahah
S.H. says:
get an old school car.

J.C. says:

So are you convinced?

S.H. says?

Yes.

J.C. says:

Good. I was hoping I wasn't the only inconsiderate woman out here.

S.H. says:
ur not.
S.H. says:
i was shocked....i realized that i was wrong
J.C. says:
you're not wrong. it's just not feasible.
J.C. says:
if that's the right word.
J.C. says:
in a perfect world, absolutely...
S.H. says:
but not in an escalade
J.C. says:
lol
S.H. says:
in a 1994 acura legend...red (a little faded) with no rims...its feasible, huh?
J.C. says:
right
J.C. says:
lol
J.C. says:
my mom is hilarious
S.H. says:
yes!
J.C. says:
if the car is not too wide!
J.C. says:
i can't remember how far away your door is

S.H. says:
well, if we go on a date, be conscience AND active! open that door!
J.C. says:
lol
J.C. says:
uh huh, i'll dag on well be on my knees pushing your door open

S.H. says:
haha - yes! ride or die chick



11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Honestly, this may seem like something light, but the little things mean something to guys too. I actually check for the door thing as well. I think you have "Once Upon a Time in Little Italy" to thank for that. I think that's the name of the movie. Black girl and italian guy dating in the fifties or sixties. . .?

Well, anyway, it is in the little things. It makes you stand out if you show that you're thinking about the guy. It's the difference between doing stuff because you want him to think you're considerate, when you're not; and doing it because you're actually considerate. It's like women want men to pay attention to the little things: noticing that you have on different earings, wearing/not wearing makeup, new dress, new shoes, asks about your day at work , just call you sometimes to tell you he cares, etc.

Just like you all want someone to pay attention to those, it makes a woman stand out when she's aware of the little opportunities. I think, particularly in PG county (no offense,) a lot of girls are pretty, but they're spoiled. They're used to everything being about them because guys bend over backwards for the pretty ones. It's nice to see women who aren't just focused on them. It's not to say that not opening a door makes you self-centered, but being aware of things like that and other opportunities you have to be considerate really makes a woman a jewel.

Peace,
Kep.

Teej said...

i think it's situation by situation. but she'd definitely earn points by even attempting or looking as if she is making a halfway attempt.

jendayi said...

Interesting! This is really good to know because in all of my years learning manners I've never come across this before. I feel like this point was left out of the manual or something. All the men who have commented on this have the same reaction. When I start dating again, I'll definitely remember this. Thanks guys.

@kep - i know what movie you're talking about. that's not the name of it though. i'll get back to you on that.

Stephen said...

I think the name of the movie you are referring to is A Bronx Tale

-S.H.

The Sarccastik Variable Why said...

wasn't this a bit in the movie "A Brooklyn Tale" or something like that...robert deniro...bronx tale...

jendayi said...

Yes Stephen and T.S.V.W. It was "A Bronx Tale". Thank you!

T.a.c.D said...

I think it depends...I will open the door via hitting the unlock button...I think its the polite thing to do...now leaning over and physically opening it, that's a bit much...good talk

jendayi said...

@t.c. - it's funny how most women so far have said, "that's a bit much". lol. what does that say about us? =/

Anonymous said...

IT'S OPENING A FRIGGIN' DOOR PEOPLE!!! LMAO !!!

Daneger said...

You know in the movie "A Bronx Tale" the test for the girl was if she was considerate enough to unlock the door NOT actually open it. I actually think that it's a bit much for her to lean over and unlock it also and have had to tell a girlfriend in the past that there is no need for all that as long as she unlocks the door for me. Just my opinion though.

jendayi said...

@daneger - Thanks for clearing that up Dane. I'm glad you relieved her from all that work! lol.

Related Posts with Thumbnails