Monday, October 09, 2006

A Recommendation

Here in this hotel.
Here in the room we used so well.
I lie and stare now.
Here where love was born.
My eyes are wet.
My heart is torn.
The room is bare now.
Roses on the wall.
Laughter in the hall.
All as I recall.
But where are you.
Here in this hotel.
How many stories could it tell.
Of ghosts who dwell here.
We have joined the cast.
Lovers in the past.
Of this hotel.
I'll return again.
Just to dream of them.
In this hotel.


I've an awfully funny feeling that this thought that's been a stealing through my brain is not to be ignored. But to really tell the truth thought I am not a well known sleuth, I honestly believe you are bored. You've changed. That sparkle in your eyes is gone. Your smile is just a careless yawn. You're breaking my heart. You've changed.


All those things we've done together
I relive when we're apart
All the tender fun together
Stays on in my heart
Too late now
To forget your smile
The way we cling when we danced
Too late now to forget and go on
To someone new
Too late now
To forget your voice
The way one word makes my heart rejoice
Too late now to imagine myself away from you


Maybe I should have saved those leftover dreams. Funny but here's that rainy day. Here's that rainy day they told me about. And I laughed at the thought that it might turn out this way. Where is that worn out wish that I threw aside. After it brought my lovin near. Funny how love becomes a cold rainy day. Funny that rainy day is here.


When sunny gets blue
her eyes get grey and cloudy
then the rain begins to fall
pitter patter pitter patter
love is gone
so what can matter
no sweet lover man comes to call
when sunny gets blue
she breathes a side of sadness
like the wind that stirs the trees
when that sets the leaves to swaying
like some violins a playing
weird and haughnting melodies
people used to love
to hear her laugh
see her smile
that's how she got her name
since that sad affair
she's lost her smile
changed her style
somehow she's not the same
but memories will fade
and pretty dreams will rise up
where her other dream fell through
hurry new love hurry
to kiss away lonely tears
and hold her near
when sunny gets blue


Your eyes
Don't shine
Like they used to shine
And the thrill is gone
When your lips meet mine
I'm afraid
The masquerade is over
And so is love
And so is love
Your words
Don't mean
What they used to mean
They were once despite
Now they're just routine
I'm afraid
The masquerade is over
And so is love
And so is love







I was in the mood for a little jazz in my life so I pulled out my Nancy Wilson CD and actually listened to it for the first time. The lyrics above are all parts of this album. I don't think I've ever heard an album or read lyrics so haughting and touching before. The era of Nancy Wilson represents a time when songs actually moved your heart. I sincerely love these songs. Yes they might be sad but they're real. I wish I could write like this. These lyrics make me want to tear my journal apart. I really recommend this CD. It's amazingly beautiful.

4 comments:

T.a.c.D said...

YES they are truly words that grip you from the beginning...I was thinking that they were yours until I got to the end...my heart was beating...my hand was on my phone ready to call you and check on you...oh my...oh my...I need to pick this album up!

jendayi said...

Lol. I should probably but my comments first huh? Lol. You're the second person that has wanted to check up on me. Lol.

It's a good CD, but probably not the best if you've really lost a love. I could imagine it getting depressing. But in terms of buying it just for the sake of good music, definitely go for it!

Anonymous said...

I love "When Sunny Gets Blue" It was the first Jazz Ballad I learned how to play, unless you count "Autumn Leaves." You can probably hear hints of "Sunny" in "Maybe."

Peace,
Kep.

jendayi said...

Really Kep?! I didn't know that! I'm going to listen.

Related Posts with Thumbnails