Friday, October 20, 2006

Blessed

"I worry. I weight 3 times my body. I worry. I throw my fear around. But this morning, there's a calm I can't explain. The rock candy's melted. Only diamonds now remain." - John Mayer.

Good Morning!

It's Friday and I'm happy to be alive. I was in a little bit of a weird funk during the week. Not really a funk, but I was very apathetic about life. I don't really know why and it's not really important because I don't feel that way today. I have too many things to be happy about. I'm too blessed to walk around like nothing matters. I'm on the straight and narrow path to becoming a baptized publisher of God's word. I have an adorable family that recently came to spend a little time in my happiness. Incredible outpours of "good" music have illuminated me. My body and its senses still operate well enough to tell me when I'm cold and help me put on mascara in the morning. I could afford a major service tune-up on Missy yesterday. I have a girlfriend who cares about me like a blood sister. I receive compliments on my personality due to the wonderful job my mother and father did. I eat apple pie and vanilla ice cream. I have an abundance of clothes and shoes that could sustain me for a lifetime (even though it may not feel like that sometimes). I have three long time gentlemanly friends in my life who make me feel beautiful everyday. Jehovah loves me and I love him. Life is truly good.

So everyone out there going through a tough situation, a discouraging time, a disappointing day, or an unfortunate circumstance, remember to count your blessings. There's no better remedy than to do something for another and God. Use your energy to make someone happy and I guarantee your outlook on that very day will change for the better. Love one another everyone and have a beautiful day and weekend!

Peace,

J

This post is dedicated to Trizzy... May God find her encouraged and well.

4 comments:

T.a.c.D said...

AMEN! Because life is too too short...and once you sit back and think about it...you truly find that your blessings far out number the other stuff...
Stay up, stay true...
Peace...love always

Anonymous said...

YYYYYEEEEEEAHHHH!!!!! SOMEONE ELSE KNOWS THAT ALBUM!!! "Friends. . .check, money. . .check. . . well splet. . .check! . . ." (End of "Something's Missing".)I had that stuck in my head last year when we went to Buffalo, and I was singing it to KW and Spriggs and they both looked at me like I was from Parsion 5 or something! Good stuff.

Nice to see you living life and loving it! It is great to stop and think sometimes about what we love about life. I woke up to the best playlist I've ever made this morning and it just makes you enjoy things more. Stay up and stay beautiful, homie!

Peace,
Kep.

Anonymous said...

Lol didn't realize I was copying TC's salutation style with the "Stay up and stay. . ."

Peace,
Kep.

jendayi said...

@t.c. - ditto lady!

@kep - of course i know about mr. mayer! don't you love waking up to good music? it's like a wonderful breeze on a lazy day. =) hmm...

Related Posts with Thumbnails