Friday, September 22, 2006

The Standard Conversation

Well it was wonderful speaking with you, but I must be going.

No I'm sorry. That won't be possible.

Well, I'm not dating or conversing with new male "friends" at this time.

Well I would like to date for the purpose of getting married and I'm not in a place to do that right now.

No I'm not saying I'm not ready to get married because Lord knows I am. I'm definitely looking forward to that, but I don't plan on staying on the west for long.

Yes, I can date on the west but my chances for moving back would be slighted if I started pursuing a relationship with a man in LA.

Sure, it's possible I could fall in love with a man who would be willing to follow my dreams, but that's a rather complicated idea, and i'd rather not put that on someone's shoulders when I know that I won't be here for long.

Well if he's my soul mate, than it'll happen no matter what I say right? Something will pull me towards him.

True. You absolutely DO have to put in the effort if you want something to develop. If I was drawn to someone I thought was special, I would take the necessary steps to pursue him. If he was everything I believed I wanted, I would not let that chance pass me by, no matter where I live or what my goals are. It could be possible that the "chance" does not work out though, which is why I will be extra careful not to let go of my dreams and goals. I have to be smart about such matters. My father taught me to never let a person get in the way of my dreams. Women tend to compromise and alter their plans for relationship's sake, but I've been taught to focus on my vision. I only pray that the man that Jehovah puts in my life will want to help me pursue my goals, and vice versa. And whatever gaps there are, compromise will rule.

You're welcome for the explanation. And again, it was nice speaking with you. Have a good night.

3 comments:

jendayi said...

i'm glad that you feel that way brilld. hopefully many other men feel the same way. and on the behalf of my dad, thanks.

T.a.c.D said...

*BIG SMILE*
Stand your ground sis...stand your ground...

jendayi said...

*BIG SMILE* right back at you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails