Sunday, September 17, 2006

Sunday

So I woke up around 6am after waking up twice over the course of the night due a horrible nightmare and some vicious cramps. I had to be to the hall by 9am so I decided to just stay up and get ready. After showering and getting dressed, I read a good chunk of my reading for school (I, Rigoberta Menchu) and then took a 45 minute nap. By 8:50, I was at the hall which is great because I never get there early. I'm really proud of myself too because I stayed throughout both meetings instead of leaving half way like I thought I was going to have to do considering how rough my night was. After the meeting, Juanetta came back to my house to study the article for next week. I'm proud of myself again here because I'm actually keeping my goal to prepare the literature before the meetings. When Juanetta left, I proceeded to watch my Giants beat up on the Eagles in OT while cooking dinner. Lemon chicken breast, seasoned herb rice, and garlic and herb vegetables. MMMMmmm.. Now you KNOW I'm proud of myself for that one. When the game went off, I read the second half of I, Rigoberta Menchu and wrote a BOMB response to the final, assignment, question online. I put my stuff together RIGHT this week. I hope the whole class reads my comment! By 4:20pm, I found myself at the movies watching Akeelah and the Bee which was free due to the theatre's grand opening. Why did that movie make me cry? Now I'm back home watching my Skins do this thang against the Cowboys and looking forward to a big slice of apple pie with vanilla ice cream on top.

How in the world did I manage to do all today with such a horrible night? Man I had a good day!

Now if only my Redskins win....

1 comment:

T.a.c.D said...

Yeah man that sounds like my kind of Sunday...mines was full of air travel and just getting back on the East Coast...I read this book though in one sitting (while on the plane) I know I've Been Changd it was really good....

Glad you had a good, no GREAT, Sunday!

Related Posts with Thumbnails