Tuesday, September 26, 2006

On My Mind

walking around like a zombie today
so tired
even though i had 8 hours last night
how can that be
could stare off into space all day
too much work to do
14 CAPs to start and finish
geez
need a vitamen or something
it's times like these i wish i drank coffee
or soda
food might help
too drained to go across the street
too broke as well
love it when parents come into town
don't have to pay for a thing
dad will pay for everything
can't wait for them to get here
miss my father
talk to my mother every day so...
she's not as missed
although she is my roll dog
just want to close my eyes
nap for lunch please


he told her to believe in him. but that's not so easy to do. you gotta be smart, she said. i'm not like the others, he said. her heart sank. wrong answer, she thought to herself. i guess i shouldn't have said that, he thought. she's heard that too many times before. faith is in the works, he whispered while looking into his hands. what? she looked up at him in curiosity. nothing, he said still looking down. she turned her head away and smiled. the wind picked up at that moment. each shivered at the breeze penetrating their skin. neither noticed the other's reaction. disconnected they failed to see. i've dreamed about you. i used to close my eyes and you would be right there. the pace of his heart beat began to accelerate as he struggled to find the words. he knew she had an impenetrable skill to filter out the nonsense, lies, and exaggerations. she returned her gaze upon his face and searched his eyes which were righfully filled with expression. the goosebumps on her delicate, carmel skin began to rise. please, don't tell me. don't say anything that you can't show.

i want to finish this, but i keep getting distracted with work. it's getting in the way. =/

3 comments:

Daneger said...

Have you ever considered writing a book? I only ask because I see a great ability to describe emotions/feelings in your words. You do a great job at making the reader feel exactly what you are talking about.
I only ask the book thing because I personally have that interest.

jendayi said...

I actually had that thought yesterday while writing this, but I don't know if I have the stamina to do a whole book. While I love writing, I'm scared that all of my stuff will only be one paragraph long. And a whole book of one paragraph long stories is annoying. lol.

Anonymous said...

What about a column? In a newspaper or something. I'm mini-Croom will provide an opportunity for that down the line.

Lol It would be hot if we could join forces or something. I wish I had your ability to make people feel where you'r e coming from. I could put it in a nice package to make people listen up and you could make them feel what's being said. :-)

Peace,
Kep.

Related Posts with Thumbnails