Monday, September 18, 2006

Blogging - To What Degree?

I've been writing in my journal for the last past hour pouring out my feelings on this issue and that issue. It wasn't until my hand started getting tired that I went off the subject and wrote, "it feels so good to be honest right now".

With that in mind, I think I have to apologize to my blog for not being real. I haven't been completely open and honest lately. I used to write from my heart and hold no punches, but as of recently, my subjects have been very superficial...very surface-oriented. I received a call write before I signed on to my blog and my friend agreed. "Yeah your blogs have just been blogs lately. They're not thought-provoking like they used to be." I agreed with him because I began to feel the same. My posts have no substance. This idea leads me to a question though.

How real can you be on a blog? I mean, I know the answer - as real as you feel comfortable being while knowing that millions of people have access to your ideas, principles, opinions, and emotions. That's supposed to be the beauty of a blog right? You say what you want, how you want it and when you want it. But how deep, or how personal do you get? Are you ok with people knowing you like your mother does or do you keep your blogging relationship at an arm's length distance? When I look at other people's blogs, some are very personal and some simply keep their writing oriented on subjects such as celebrity news, sports, and music. Is it true that the latter group feels more comfortable blogging about impersonal things? Do they even think to blog about their day or their emotions or their desires? Or do they know they can and choose to go in the opposite direction? To what degree do you share yourself on a blog? Do people who generally wear their hearts on their sleeves tend to blog more personal things? Well actually I can answer that last one. The answer is no. I don't wear my heart on my sleeve but love to blog about my desires, emotions and personal thoughts. I guess that proves that there is no universal answer. It guess it all depends right?

3 comments:

T.a.c.D said...

Yea it all depends on your mood I guess...me I have been both personal and superfical depending on my mood...just be real with yourself and how you feel...I am only what I know how to be...but Imma keep trying to be betterumm that's a good one TC...I think Imma have to keep that one!

That's all you can do keep reflecting and keep trying to be better...but some things are JUST for you and momma...that's just real!

Daneger said...

I agree with TC when she says it depends on your mood. Sometimes you are just trying to have fun or share some laughter which comes across as superficial stuff in a blog. BUT I still think it has underlying aspects of your interests and sense of humor in it so ot could be read either way if you want to get deep about it. But this blog has inspired me to change it up on my blog...at least for today:-)

jendayi said...

glad i could inspire Dane! even if it's only for one day. ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails