Monday, September 18, 2006

On My Mind

there's been something on my mind that's been bothering me. i've been pushing it to the side because i should already know better but... i might feel better if i get it off my chest.

have you ever had someone put their fingers around your wrist and squeal about how thin you are? i never thought something like that would bother me because i'm in no way skinny, but when it happens repeatedly, my nerves start to rattle. it was funny the first couple of times, but now...not so much. i'm not even going to ask any readers to tell me that i'm not crazy. i'm not even going to post a picture of me and ask if i'm outrageously skinny like they've been saying. i'm not even going to tell you how much i weigh. why? because i don't need others to tell me what i already know.

it's funny how body image and weight are such a big thing in our society. of all places, i didn't think my size would be an issue in LA. (sigh)

3 comments:

T.a.c.D said...

like I said in my post...someone always has something to say...so just let it roll someone always has something to say...and for the record HELL NAW you ain't skinny...don't trip

jendayi said...

Yeah I don't think I'm trippin, I'm just tired. If it persists, I might have to speak my mind. But thanks.

T.a.c.D said...

Let 'em know seriously...I know you aren't tripping more like annoyed....I can't stand it...just like the closet thing for me...I hate for folks to comment on that...why is it even your concern...pet peeve I guess...but anyways...you know me...speak!

Related Posts with Thumbnails