Sunday, August 06, 2006

My Wonderful Weekend

I'm telling you. The Lord really does bless you in GREAT ways! So you know how I was a little melancholy this past week? My day-to-day schedule was being to ware on me...Spotaneity in my schedule was non-existant...I didn't feel like I was able to appreciate the more important things...I was longing for the some of the natural things in life...

Well guess what?!

I had the day off Friday but I ended up going in during the morning hours to straighten a few issues out. I was a little disturbed that I was working on my day of rest, but whatever. Well after work, I had a Bible study and then I went to the park. Guys, I had such a good time in the park! I just laid in the sun next to the pond and read. For four hours I laid out there and was at complete peace. I watched the dogs, the birds, the kids running around the pond, the couple on their bicycles...It was wonderful.

Then while at the park, I get a text from my girl asking me if I wanted to go to an Angels baseball game! Now this was a big deal for me because not even 1 week ago was I trying to find some sporting event to attend. I just wanted to be around happy, crazy fans ya know? And I finally had the chance! Even though the Angels lost, it was a perfect end to my wonderful Friday. Oh and since when do you ever get a chance to go out on a Friday night AND be in the bed by 11pm!!!! Ha!!! MY DREAM COME TRUE!


Go Angels!

Saturday I drove out to Malibu for another one of my girl's graduation. First of all, if anyone hasn't experienced the drive on the coast in Malibu, it's a definite must see. The views are breathtaking. But anyway, it was nice to be around a family and see that love and happiness that I haven't been able to be a part of with my real family. It felt good.


The drive in Malibu.

Then, I went to the beach. Oh the wonderful beach. Beach water? Oh no. That's a no-no... But the beach itself. (sigh...) Just to lay out in my swim suit with me and my book... (sigh again...)


Dockweiler Beach. LA.

After 3 hours of me and the beach, my girls joined me and we walked a little further down until we found the BlackNLA beach party. (That's what I initially came out for by the way, but it didn't start until 4pm.) But the beach party was SOO much fun!!!! From 4 to about 8:30 when they lit the bonfire, we just ate, drank, laughed, and talked. We had a great conversation with some very intelligent men about things couples should know about each other before they get married. It was VERY interesting indeed!! I remember one of the guys getting frustrated and shouting out, "MAN! MARRIAGE IS FOR WOMEN!!!" lol. We all cracked up at him on that one.. =) But there were so many black people out there ya'll. It's a beautiful thing when young (ages 22-35), black, educated people get together. I don't think I've EVER seen so many black peple on a beach before in my life!! Yeah it ends up being somewhat of a mac fest but socializing with young ones like yourself is so stimulating.


The discussion group.

So after that, we decided to keep the night cozy and just go to Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles for some after-hours grub and call it a night. Again, I WENT OUT ON A SAT. NIGHT AND WAS IN THE BED BY 12PM!!! Yes!, I say. YES!!!! I feel like I've won a race!!! lol.

Thank you Jehovah for giving me exactly what I needed when I needed it. You never fail to take care of me when you realize that I'm down. As your servant, I loyally give my life to you forever.

2 comments:

T.a.c.D said...

I am SO glad that you had a wonderful time!!!! YES!!!! We both had GREAT weekends....That was JUST what you needed...nice, clean, natural FUN!!! I am so glad that you enjoyed yourself....

Anonymous said...

Make that THREE of us!!! I actually had a pretty relaxing, enlightening, inspiring, empowering, enriching weekend myself! Lol Good art, good people, good mentoring, good Bible study, good productivity! It's nice to see you rechared, sis.

Peace,
Kep.

Related Posts with Thumbnails