Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Jaz Via Ashanti

I'm listening to Ashanti's CD for the first time and I really like it. I'm not sure if it's the first or second one, but it's the one that has 'Unfoolish' on it. Wait wait wait!... Let me explain before you curse me out! I recently found 3,000 songs (YES! THREE THOUSAND!) on my labtop that my ex-bf had on here when he used to have a profile on my computer. Even though I took his profile off a long time ago, all his songs from his music library must have stayed on my hard drive. You should see some of the stuff that I have. This mess goes back all the way to his downloads from freshman year so you KNOW my music library is sick! His 3,000 songs with my 1,000...man this is crazy. But anyway, I'm going through my new library and I see Ashanti is in here. So I click on the first song to see what she's talking about and I immediately took to it. The stuff on her CD is amazingly sensual ya'll.

I think I need to be honest and say that I truly truly truly enjoy sensual music. It's funny because I used to be afraid of the more comfortable, sexual side of me. I was raised very conservative and very sheltered. I was taught to always be a lady, to keep my legs closed, and to be very well-mannered. Religion has always been the centerpiece of my life so sexuality, sensuality, and provocative-ness was never discussed. (And I don't know that I even wanted it to be discussed, for real for real. I mean what type of discussion would that have been? And who would I have had it with? My parents?!! Ummm..... NO.) But considering the way I grew up, I never realized that I was allowed to have a sexual side. The urges and feelings that I started to have as a young women were often forced aside because I always thought they were improper. Thanks goodness I'm over that because I LOVE the sexual side of me. Now I definitely don't let her (Jazmyne) come out very often and I probably won't let her come out in full until I meet my future husband. In the meantime, I'll continue to be that good girl that everyone knows and feed Jaz in my private time. Now when I say feed Jaz, I'm not talking about masturbation ya'll. Get your heads out of the gutter! I'm talking about making those mix CDs that you don't share with anyone and playing them in a dark room lit with only candlelight. I know you know what I'm talking about...

So as a near 24 year old African-American female, I am glad that I have come to learn to embrace every part of myself. Sensual, Professional, Spiritual, Peaceful, Fun, Loving, Goofy, Friendly... I'm all of it.

Ashanti's CD will definitely be one for Jaz's entertainment.

And I hope I don't sound too conceited saying this but my future husband will be a very happy man. I have so much to give and that's no joke.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails