Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Sigh of Relief

So I got all of my math homework done for the week! Yay! I don't have to mess with that anymore til next week! Well actually, I might need to get next week's assignment out of the way too seeing as though I might be out of town. But, you don't know how good it feels to finally get something done!



After I finished that math, I went to Long Beach Towne Center and took myself to see a couple of movies. Now I LOVE dance movies. I really can't get enough of them, but if I see one more dance movie likee this dag on 'Step Up' where the acting is sub-par, I think I'm going to scream. The acting, the script, the plot...it all sucked! I mean what's really going on? Why can't we give dancing movies the time of day? It makes me feel like dance isn't respected...like it doesn't deserve the attention that the art form commands. At least all the dancing on the part of the main characters wasn't fake. = / But that white boy is FINE! lol.



Now Miami Vice on the other hand...that movie was bomb. The cop jargon was a bit much at first but after getting accustomed, the movie took me to another place. The events were completely unexpected, which I loved. Of course, the acting was on point. If you haven't already, go see this movie.


But anyway, I ended up having a good close to my day, which is a big sigh of relief. It was rough at first but I have to always keep in mind that I'm blessed to be alive with friends and family that love me to death. My support system is extraordinary and I am so priviledged. I love you guys!

2 comments:

T.a.c.D said...

I am glad that you had a good end to your day...I chilled and ate some crabs and did a little Bible studying myself...so I can dig it!

Anonymous said...

That movie was awesome! I saw it when I was in San Francisco...I loved it...it was really true to the series. I am a huge fan of the series and was anxiously waiting to see if the director would keep it real and stick with the mood of the original and he did. Sonny was great! and your boy Jamie - was right in line with Rico's vibe and demeanor.

The MUSIC - GIRL WAS OFF THE CHAIN...and yes...I do have the soundtrack. You should get it...

Alot of fake MIA Vice fans didn't like the movie...that's because they didnt' get the series.

During the series, there wasn't alot of talking...the music and action said it all. Think back to the old Miami Vice shows where you'd get 3 mintues of reel with Sonny and Rico just riding in the drop top with music in the backround.

But anyway, I loved the movie! Can't wait to buy it on DVD.

Related Posts with Thumbnails