Friday, August 11, 2006

Hair


FLIPPED


SHORT CUT


CRAZY WILD!!! (That's after braids came out. lol.)


LONG


BANGS


BRAIDS

CRIMPS

STRAIGHT

WEAVE

CORNROWS

CURLY

TWISTS

WIGS

I've done it all. I actually didn't get this experimental with my hair until I moved out to California 2 years ago. I think it's something about moving away and being brand new that has me completely stepping out of myself like this. I've always either been a crimps, curls or fluffy-and-light hair (via the Dominicans in NY) person and while I still perfer those styles, it's nice to step outside of the box everyone once in a while.

Now the weave... I did it once, and I'll NEVER do that again. I had my one little opportunity to do it up for the formal ball, but that mess was entirely too much to handle AND to take out. I don't think my hair has ever been as messed up as it was after I got it cut out. Needless to say, after it came out, I spent a whole lot of time nourishing, feeding, and conditioning my hair. Thank goodness my mane grows like a weed.

But what brought this post on? you're probably asking. I'M GETTING MY HAIR DONE TODAY!!!! Normally that's not supposed to be a big thing, but I took a little hiatus from the hairdresser to save my $45 about 4 times over and let it just grow and do it's thing. Now that my hair has grown, it's time to cut it again. I'm so ready to get my hair off my back.

But look what I notice though. When my hair is long, I get SO much more attention than when my hair is short. I'm sure that's no surprise though. I guess it's the black man's fantasy with long hair. (Of course that goes for other races as well.) Not much else to say there...

But yes, going back to the normal J style.



I prefer this to all others because it's always classy. The Dominican's used to hook me up! I could walk down the block from my dorm, head straight to the bowl, get my hair washed and conditioned, run straight to the chair to get rolled, sit under the dryer, come back to the chair to get the curls blown out, and be out in the streets of NY all under 1 hour. Now you tell me what black salon can do that? The hairdresser I'm about to go to today, Salon Eberechi, will have me in there for about 3 and a half hours AT LEAST. Sigh... Such a waste of time. The good thing though is that I get A LOT of reading done. That is of course only if I'm not running my mouth.

But it's time...
Sherri!
I'm coming!!!
Make me beautiful!!

2 comments:

T.a.c.D said...

YOU KNOW I know the feeling...GO and get that wig done sista...I KNOW that's right!!!! Enjoy

T.a.c.D said...

So how is the hair? Let us see...OM goodness I can't wait until next week when I get it done...I think I am going to cut it all off seriously and go natural...or maybe I will let it grow out...I don't know...but I want MY hair in isn't TRUEST and FULLEST state....dag where did that come from...who know

Related Posts with Thumbnails