Monday, August 28, 2006

That Good Ole Tender Lovin Care

when I say TLC I mean the small things

like his hand on the small of my back guiding me through a crowd
like being posted up in line together with our hands in the back pockets of each other jeans
like someone brushing the hair out of my eyes while I watch tv
like pouring me a glass of wine and bringing it to me because he felt like I wanted one
like resting his hand on the inside of my thigh while he drives us down the street
like being able to say "baby did you need me for something?"
like sitting together with his arms around me and my legs crossed towards him
lke holding hands
like not being in the same room but feeling the other's prescence
like being watched with admiration
like him deciding to use me instead of his pillow
like him grabbing for me while getting comfortable for a nap
like us fixing each others clothes
like play fighting in the house and letting me win
like us pretending that we get on each others nerves but we really know we don't
like coming to one another first to talk about our days
like being in the movies with my legs thrown over his
like someone longing for my call when my flight touches down
like that phone call that's just to check up on me
like bringing home my favorite snack
like playing my favorite artist or song because my mood needs a readjustment
like being stupid and goofy together
like laughing together at things that no one else finds funny

those things along with nameless others get so lost in relationships. we do them all the time because most of are automatic. most of them come with concern and care for the other person. but it's these small things that show care and love. i don't miss bfs, relationships and all the work that comes along with it, but I do miss that good ole tender lovin care. =/ dag, i'm feeling vulnerable right now! it's this music man! usher's confessions is doing it to me! i need to put on something hard to man up! where is my T.I. cd at?!!!! man up jendayi!!!!!! you's a gangsta!!!! lol.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

exactly couldn't have said it any better mumi

T.a.c.D said...

That's right you a G...keep it gangsta.... Backyard Band...

Related Posts with Thumbnails