Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Oh Beyonce

I have to preface this post by saying that I a HUGE Beyonce' fan. Don't get it misunderstood though. I can care less what city she's in, what shoe she's wearing, what game she attended last week, or what brand of toilet paper she prefers. I'm purely into her art. I think the woman is amazingly talented. Not so much on the screen, but her stage presence, her voice, and her ability to rock a freakin show VERY much impresses me. I've seen her about 3 times and she gave me goosebumps EVERY SINGLE TIME. I've always felt like the stage was my home and I can so see myself in her whenever she's up there...

But anyway, this post is not to praise Be. As of lately, I've been VERY disappointed with her. It seems as if her head has blown out of proportion to her body. Who told her it was ok put out some of the CRAP that she's been releasing? If you haven't had the chance, please listen to the mess that has come out of her studios and agree with me. (Well, nevermind... I was going to lead you to the link to hear her sampler, but it the music was taken down. You can still read the comments on the tracks though. Here's another post. And another.)

Please, someone tell me why the girl thought it was ok to make an album in two weeks. Why would you want to make an album in two weeks?!!!!! Who said that you had to be first Be? Are we in a rush? Are you nervous or something? What other singer out there are you trying to beat? I was kinda upset with you when you pre-released your album on the same day that LeToya's album came out. Be, you know no one else can touch you so...whatcha doin girl? Listen to this b.s. and tell me that it's not incredibly poor quality. The music is fresh though. I'll give you that. But where are your lyrics Be? "So all my redbones get on the floor! And all my yellowbones get on the floor! And all my brownbones get on the floor! Then ya mix it up and ya call it Creole!" What's going on?!!!!!! "Bad bad bad bad yellowbone!" "For all of my brownbones that make a good broth. And all of my redbones that make up the sauce. The yellowbone flavor is familiar to me! Mix it all together. It's a delicacy!" OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! What are you doing?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's called QUALITY!!!

I want to cry because she's so much more than this. You know what it is? I love Be, or rather, I loved Be because she was about her craft and she was humble. But this crap makes me feel like she doesn't care. She knows that her album is going to sell just because of who she is and she's not putting in the effort. I mean you did this mess in 2 weeks! Where's the quality? That's not fair Be. That's so not fair.

So will I be buying the album. =/ *sigh* What do you think? Damn you Beyonce'!!!!!

I'ma hold on to you for a minute though Be because I know your tour is going to be crazy. The minute you get back on the stage, I'm back in your corner. But for now...you suck.

2 comments:

T.a.c.D said...

Based on what I have heard, I wil NOT buy the album JUST because of its BE...bump that...but you know what I am not a die hard Be fan...so I guess I don't fit in the category...

I would now like to take this moment to do a shameless plug for Kelis' CD Kelis was Here it is pure FIRE from the moment it begins with her rusty intro until the end...its innovative, the production is excellent, the vocals unique...this album should be #1 in the country...#1!!!! But it isn't becuase people don't appreciate good art anymore...
GO & GET THE ALBUM!

Ms. Confessions said...

Awe, my question for WTF Thursday...
I'll still ask the question, LOL

I'm cool on Ms. Beyonce, yes great artist. But slow your roll honey. Kelis was right to claim the screaming lyric rights (other than Tina).

I say if it isn’t broke, don't f*** with the formula...

Related Posts with Thumbnails