Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Aimless Rambling

I'm cold. Maybe I should put a sweater on. Why is it a rule that all office buildings have to be cold? They should know that I'm a cold blooded female. I should take my vitamins, but I can never seem to get on that habit. There's something about swallowing pills every single day that turns me off. And I can't take big pills. I know it's a mind thing because I swallow food bigger than pills, but still. I prefer a shot over pills. My mom used to ask me what I was going to do when I'm in labor or in the hospital and in an immense amount of pain. Well, I don't have to worry about that anymore! Give me a shot! Man...being in labor...dag Eve.

I have a staff meeting in 30 minutes. Our integration meetings are a heartache. The department is so messed up that all we do is get in there and upset ourselves. People start talking about how this process doesn't work and how communication is poor and how we have no direction... We're really falling apart. I guess it's a sign when the senior manager deserts us and we're truly left on our own.

Yesterday, this old white man in the elevator looked at me and said, "I must have died and gone to heaven." lol. That was so sweet. Or was it? When does it turn into dirty-old-man syndrome? He looked he was about 75 though so I started thinking wrong thoughts when he said that..after I thanked him of course. I'm so horrible.

I'm going to All-Star weekend next month and I'm trying so hard not to buy anything new. I want to be on my best behavior and put money towards a Roth IRA or a CD. I need to expand my investment portfolio and secure my future. I have a couple of things going on, but I should be doing more while I can. I just want my money to take care of me and my family when I get older, ya know? Sacrifice now for rewards in the future. So with that said, how in the world am I going to manage to keep myself out of the stores for All-Star weekend?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Old man: "I must have died and gone to heaven."

JAC: "This is Why I'm Hot! I'm a 1/3 your age and...'I want to be on my best behavior and put money towards a Roth IRA or a CD. I need to expand my investment portfolio and secure my future. I have a couple of things going on, but I should be doing more while I can. I just want my money to take care of me and my family when I get older.' Oh yeah, I think I'm pretty easy on the eyes also Pop-Pop! Thanks!"

This is like when my grandfather told the hostess at Outback that she looked like Britney Spears. But the way he said it was so genuine and sincere. Initially, I didn't know whether to take it seriously (because she didn't look like Britney to me) or as a joke, but knowing my grand-dad he meant it as a wholeheartedly as a compliment. I just laughed afterward because of all of Britney's recent skankerisms.

Older men have such a way with words though.

Blu Jewel said...

I hate cold office buildings too and I keep a space heater at my desk to ensure my warmth.

LOL! men will be men at any age. Simply smile and keep it moving. Wish I was going to All Star weekend. *sniff* Have fun!!!

jendayi said...

mikesee - you are a fool!! LOL.

blu - i used to use a space heater too, but we blue the fuse with all the extra electricity we were using, so they told us 'no more space heaters!' *sniff and shiver*

Related Posts with Thumbnails