Monday, January 15, 2007

The Difference

I've been with men who were enthusiastic about me.
And I've been with a man who wasn't.
I've been with men who couldn't wait to hear from me
And I've been with a man who didn't mind either way.
I've been with 2 men who would answer my call at any hour
And I've been with 1 who always said "I'm tired".
I've been with 2 men who needed to hear about my day, everyday,
And I've been with a man who could skip a day or two.
I've been with men who wanted to be close to me
And I've been with a man who let me sit across the room from him.
I've been with 2 men who wouldn't keep their hands off of me
And I've been with 1 who wouldn't hold my hand.
I've been with men who checked up on me at random times
And I've been with a man who only did so because I asked.
I've been with men who made plans with me on the brain
And I've been with a man who kept me as an after thought.
I've been with 2 men who appreciated what I thought was important
And I've been with 1 who never acknowledged things significant to me.
I've been with 2 men who got excited to see my name in their inbox
And I've been with a man who said "i don't do emails".
I've been with a couple of men who were excited about us
And I've been with a man who took me for granted.
I've been with 2 men who truly loved me
And I've been with 1 who thought he loved me.
I've been with men who made me happy
And I've been with a man who broke my heart and made me cry.
I've been with a couple of men who held on to me as tight as they could
And I've been with a man who just let go.

Know the difference.

5 comments:

Blu Jewel said...

without having the "bad" men in our lives, we can never truly appreciate the good ones. thanks for this wonderful reminder of how to know the difference

T.a.c.D said...

wonderful to actually KNOW the difference...its my first time enjoying the randomness of someone being like your 2...he is my 1...and you are so right the difference is amasing....but like blu said if I hadn't experienced the "other side of the game" I wouldn't fully appreciate this side....

know the difference and choose what side YOU want to be on...beacuse HE is going to be who HE is...its up to US to decide what WE can deal with

As always, this is ON point!

jendayi said...

Blu and T.C. - I think I learned more about myself in the not-so-good relationship than I did in the two good ones. It was a truly eye opening experience. Thanks to both of you for commenting.

T.a.c.D said...

I can totally agree with that...you really do learn a lot about yourself, what you really want and what you can really deal with...I learned the most about me from O and sitting back and reflecting on that situation...so I totally agree with that...

Anonymous said...

While 'tis true that without having experienced the bad, we can't fully appreciate the good; in this case i won't take the one (as against the other two) as the bad/ wrong..., rather it seems to me such are the ones that bring us to a realisation of appreciate those (so called) little things we often take for granted.
A nice one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails