Sunday, January 07, 2007

The Vacation Of A Lifetime


South Beach Miami... Carnival Cruise to the Western Caribbean.... K.W., T.C., J.H., M.C., D.H., R.H., fam, friends... 80 Degree Weather...Bright Beaches...Great and Beautiful Company...Bomb Food...Music...Pics...Jet Skiing...ATVs...Formal Dinners full of lobster, steak and shrimp...Champagne on the Beach...Champagne at Club BED...Champagne at Dinner...Clubbing with my mom and aunts at the cruise disco...


Linkage (Check out other takes on the vaction):

Memorable Quotes:


"Y'all...We look Good!" - J.H. says while looking at us on the digital camera...and many other numerous times. I think she believed we were the best looking things on the beach that night. Lol.
"We're not even on the boat yet!" - M.C. and D.H. at 4am New Years day. We realized that we had 5 more days of vacation to go and we were already tired after 2 days in Miami!

"$173 and SEVENTEEN CENTS!!" - Us girls when our check came for lunch. That's what happens when you eat lunch next to the Versace house on Ocean Drive.

"Delete those damn birds!" - K.W. and T.C. yelling at me. I was doing my photography thing! I loved the pictures of the birds. What's wrong with me taking 11 pictures of birds? Okay. Maybe that was a little too much.

"Girl Power! YEEEEAAAHHHHHH" - Me screaming to my sister while on the ATVs. We WORKED those ATVs.

"It's Balloon Man!" - Us talking about crazy R.H. as he walks around with balloons strapped to his back. So random! I love it.

"I look like a hot mess!" - J.H. looking at herself on the camera. She was wrapped up like a pig in a blanket on the beach for fear of someone kicking sand in her mouth (which happened twice). lol.

"Where's Randy? - All of us. That line pretty much stayed consistent throughout the entire trip. Oh Randy! Lol.

"Wanna shot?" - R.H. asks me about 6 times in 2 days. That man was trying to get me drunk!

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO ME?" - J.H. waking up inebriated. Someone please explain to me, how do you wake up drunk?

"I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!!!!!!!!! [click] She pissing me the $#%* off. What the $%@ is wrong with her calling me all these @%($^# times." - T.C. screaming into the phone and mumbling under her breath at 6am. This by far was the best moment of the trip! Although it wasn't funny at the time. =/ HA!

"Uh uh. That is UNACCEPTABLE!" - T.C. barks at the old man directing the line at the customer service desk. Delta better not mess up again or they better believe T.C. will burn the joint DOWN!

"K.W. Do you love him?" - The inevitable conversation at lunch. We knew it was coming, didn't we K.W.?

"Yeah I know Woo, Bone..." "Who in the world is Woo, Bone and...?" - B.H. failing to use first names during introductions. Can you really use the alias name when no one knows who you are?

"Excuse me ladies. I'm talking!" "Duuuhhh. Yeeeeeeah. Of course you can get in the water!" - Our tour guide had quite a bit of personality.

"Come se dice 'OVER'?" - T.C. obviously NOT happy about the ATV ride.

"I have a question. What's the transition between this step and the kicks?" "Will someone please tell your mom that it's not that serious." - My mother being a little too detailed at the cruise dance class and Ms. Dawn's reply. Lol. Oh Mom!

"Tell your mother to stop telling her how to run her class!" - Kara. Too funny. My mom was really taking it too far.

"You betta get out the camomille lotion!" - M.C. after us having the life vests wrapped around our necks for so long. We must have sat with those nasty things on for about 15 minutes! So unneccesary.

"ONE. TWO. THREE.!" - My sis counting out loudly before K.W. and her pulled some random girls' ATV out of the bushes. Three times.

"Have you ever had sex or contemplated having relations with a man?" - Classic conversation over pizza at 4am.

"No more pictures." - Me telling the camera man while getting off the ship. If that's not a celebrity-line, I don't know what is. But I was annoyed! They kept taking so many pictures!

"Candyce, you better get up!" - Me yelling at my roommate at 8am. Being that the cruise had already docked and were making announcements for us to get off, I thought it was about time she got up. lol.



Other memorable moments:


Being up until 5am every single day.

Swaying back and forth with the boat at dinner.

Everyone looking so nice and well-groomed. I love when black people throw down and hook it up! We looked fabulous!

Kara and I connecting on the sentiments regarding the cruise show.

My sis desperately needing a glass of water.

Roaming the cruise ship alone.

Conversation overlooking the back of the boat at night.

Worrying about my cousin.

Playing with my little Camy! She's so cute.

K.W. crashing into a tree within the first 5 minutes of the excursion.

D.H. being a professional conversationalist.

Walking up flights of stairs to a lame New Years party. The guy made it sound so appealling! He bamboozled us.

K.W. and the Dumbell man with the veins in his head.

R.H. taking his balloons off to come inside Fat Tuesday. Ha!

My under age cuz slamming down a Heineken on the dinner table in front of his elders. Our blank stares while he gulped the beer.

Cute little Key West with all the chickens and roosters.

M.C. and I agreeing to come in easy on the jet skiis and K.W. completely ignoring us.

The caverns. That was so cool.

Tanning on the lido deck. So relaxing!
The nasty, Indian dude at the entrance of the club who refused to let me in.

Being back in California and still feeling like I'm on the ship. Tell me why I'm seasick AFTER getting off the boat. =/ Boo.

Uploading 235 pictures for everyone.

AND A WHOLE LOT OF FUN.



I have to say that this vacation was one of the best that I've been on. I NEEDED this so bad and it meant so much to me that I was able to enjoy myself with the people that I loved and ones that I got to know. No drama, no attitudes, no discomfort... Just Peace. This vacation was meant for me. I LOVED IT! And to think, all of this was a fundraiser to support D.C. metropolitan youth. Amazing! Kiamsha's doing big thangs ya'll!!! Next trip... Ski excursion and then AFRICA!

=D

5 comments:

T.a.c.D said...

When I say I was dying laughing at this whole freaking thing...man this was ON POINT...and I so needed to laugh today...this was what I needed to sit back and remember all the wonderful times that we had...man we had a ball...it was like the MOST peaceful vacation EVER...as a matter of fact, it was the BEST thus far....many many more to come....Let's get it 2007 here we come!
ps that pic really does show how much fun we was having...we was OFF the HOOK....

Blu Jewel said...

I was at T.C's and had to come over and get your take on the vacation. You had more "juicy" details...lol! Wish I was there :-(

T.a.c.D said...

yea J, you did a WAY better job at talking about the trip than I did...I can't wait to read MC's and Dane's...I was just to tired....

NegroPino™ said...

Might hafta check this out.. a cruise for New Years...i wish there was more pics :(

jendayi said...

@negropina - you want more pics? I'll see what I can do. =)

Related Posts with Thumbnails