Monday, January 22, 2007

Experience It or Avoid It


Too many times people try to tell you
But you don't entertain the suggestion
You desire to live life on your own
You keep trying to tell them to leave you alone
But they care
They don't want to see you fall away
They've seen it all before
They know where you're going wrong
You say experience is the best teacher
Others say some experiences you should never have
All experiences are lessons
Little beams of wisdom ready to be had
Additions of sensibility, intuition, and knowledge
It's my odyssey to have
Not yours but mine
You had your vagabondage
Made your trek throughout the country's fields
Ran into difficulty and interference
Don't you agree that harship is better avoided and not had
Someone's already walked your path
They found the death drop at the end
Don't be allured by the unknown
But you tell them you've got to try
Your observations could be disparate
Not at all alike
Your findings could be incandescent
Not sullen and menacing as they say
Your ignorance and avoidance are a sign
You're not mature enough to comprehend
A failure to mind warnings
To trust in your ally
Still yet it's impossible
You are your own person
With a breathe and heartbeat that's distinct
You say you'll be careful
They know better
Experience it or avoid it?
Remember going through this? Were they wrong? Would you change your decision? Is experience really the best teacher?

2 comments:

T.a.c.D said...

For me I like to listen, a lot of stuff I didn't do it because I listened, and then other times I didn't...there is ONE thing in my life that I wished I would have listened and that's when my mother told me to walk away from my past relationship, had a listened to her then, my heartache wouldn't have taken as long to heal...but I wanted to do it my way...that taught me a lesson...matters of the heart, life, love, whatever, my mother knows me better than most...so I take what she says and I process it...
For the most part I wouldn't change life, most things or paths I didn't have to walk down, but I did walk down enough...
we was just talking about this in the Kiamsha meeting last night,

Choices, that they have choices that they have to make...its really up to them...we give them the information to make the BEST choices for themselves, but when it comes down to it, its really up to them....in the end, its up to all of us the choices we make...we are the ones that WILL have to deal with the consequences...man...it doesn't change...young or old, it doesn't change...

ok I am going to stop now

jendayi said...

t.c. - sounds like a great discussion to have in Kiamsha. i like how you said that young or old, we still have to make the same decisions. we can never seem to get away from them huh?

Related Posts with Thumbnails