Friday, August 15, 2008

My Sincerest Apologies

You don't know how badly I want to get rid of the preceding blog. I thought about taking it down but I'm not going to be so obvious and fake. I was very disappointed when I wrote that blog. The feelings that I had were real. Real or not, that's no excuse to blast out my male complements like that. Sure they do dumb things. We all do. But they get enough punches from other people without having to put up with an angry, black woman. Let me ask this question though. There's such a horrible stigma to being an angry, black woman, but are we ever allowed to become such? I'm not saying that I would want to stay an angry, black woman because I know that's not only detrimental to him, but to myself as well. Every once in a while though...are we allowed to be disappointed in each other to the point where we don't want to be bothered? If I was to answer my own question, I would say "sure we are!" The few times that I disappointed my parents (and yes I did say few... I was a rather quiet, good child which made my color-outside-of-the-lines sister hate me that much more), they were very clear that they did not want to be bothered with me. But the difference between what they did and what I did was that they didn't blast it to the world, (unless you count every aunt, uncle, cousin, grandparent, next door neighbor and mentor as the world - cuz you know they told them). So, I guess an apology is due. I know an apology is due.

I'm sorry to anyone and everyone that was offended by my last post. I'm especially sorry to all of my brothers. I no way did I intend to smack you in the face or slam you down harder than you already are. I know it's rough out there without having to deal with an angry, black woman on your back. I am so sorry.

Well, I initially signed on to blog about my day. That "Men Bashing" blog kept staring me in the face though. I needed to address it. Anyway, being that today is Friday, I had quite a bit of time on my hands to surf through blog world. I came across plenty of incredible blogs that I must add to my tag team immediately. As a matter of fact, some of my existing tags might need to go. During my surfing, however, I realized that I need to step up my game; big time. My writing skills need to be enhanced and I need to compliment my words with captivating or artsy pictures/photographs and art. One of the things I like about my blog though is how simple it is. A blog visit can be slightly overwhelming when pictures and banners and ads and mumbo jumbo swamp the page. It's such a turn off. I'm a fan of K.I.S.S. (keep it simple stupid). Perhaps I'll return to my creative writing projects. Exercise my brain a little and throw in a few short fiction stories. We'll see. I don't have the time to spend large amounts of time on a post. If I'm in the mood, I'll let the creative juices flow. I'm glad that I was able to surf though. It was really inspiring. And I learned something new. Check out Belle's blog to see what I mean. Have a good weekend everyone.

9 comments:

Jenn Will said...

I'm sorry, what are you apologizing for? Your feelings? Why? You are entitled to your feelings whether or not other ppl like it-that's the point of feelings...they are yours.

Also, men do suck.

Sometimes.

Just like women do, sometimes.

And why aren't you entitled to point that out? Whether it be on a national stage or at a table surrounded by girlfriends. This relates to your post about your posting being open and honest and not censoring yourself...this is your space to express how you feel and if that is how you felt that day, that is how you felt. It would be different if all your posts related to men bashing, and all your conversations revolved around the same...that is not the case.

You have nothing to apologize for. But that is just my humble (100% correct) opinion.

jendayi said...

@jenn - lol. you're right. i did write a post about being open and honest. my post was completely uncensored and clearly unleashed my emotions. in a way, i'm glad that i got it off my chest and stayed true to MY blog. i am absolutely entitled to do so. at the same time, i don't want people to read this and think that i'm just some crazy damaged b, cuz i'm not. how i feel is deeper than that. i have no tolerance for the b.s. that we woman are put through, but I also understand the plight. from one JW to another, you know that without God, they just won't and don't get it. so how can i fault them for that? they are simply walking around blind, like lost dogs, biting and knocking people over along the way. so i apologized cuz i can't be out here cursing out people who don't know. it's the ones who know better and have knowledge that i have a problem with. am i still disgusted? heck yes. can i blame them? heck no.

But maybe it's just me... said...

I agree...no apologies necessary. There's a big difference between men bashing and an expression of frustration. And let's face it, sometimes, our wonderful brown men operate solely out of the Silly Chapter in the Men's Handbook.

Besides, if you can't be open and honest with your feelings, fleeting or not, here in Blog World, then what is left?? :)

T.a.c.D said...

I am so glad that i don't have to say it, but i am going to say it too...apologize for what...that's how you felt in your time and in your space...sometimes people get and other times they don't...but this is your house and its your place to discuss who you are feeling at any given moment...and let's face it...some men and some women just don't get it...

so don't apologize for how you feel...don't apologize for what someone may or may not think about you...as long as you are being true to yourself and you know what it is really all about...that's all that matters...your heart condition...

Anonymous said...

I think this is your blog... and if you feel like bashing. Then bash away...I would like to read something fictional... I like when you get all creative and stuff...imu

jendayi said...

well then.. i guess i'm outnumbered. lol. my blog, my way right?

Anonymous said...

right!

Blu Jewel said...

I read the post you were referring to and thought it was honest and necessary if that's how you where feeling at the time. Your feelings are yours and yours alone and you're allowed to vent them. If someone says/does something that you need to speak on, then do just that with NO apologies.

Love!

Anonymous said...

Like I always tell people when they want to shoot the messenger "don't be mad at me for saying it, be mad at yourself for doing it". Instead of someone being mad at you for talking about how sh!tty some dudes act...they need to be mad at how these dudes are acting. The outrage and resentment are always directed towards the wrong person.

But anyway...this is your blog and if you can't be honest here then what is the point at all? I know I look at some of the things I've written over the years (on my personal blog) and I'm like damn...that was cold blooded or maybe my head isn't in the same place that it was at the time...BUT...that was how I felt then so it stays to remind me of where I've been.

So...yeah...and I also take issue with the whole "angry Black woman" thing, because dammit sometimes we have a right to be angry. We have a right to say "be accountable for your actions and take responsibility" or "you hurt me and you are wrong". But I don't know of even one Black woman that doesn't keep pushing on and trying to live the best life possible and overcome every obstacle thrown her way. So...whenever someone tries to pull that whole angry Black woman card I take one for the team and check them real quick!

Related Posts with Thumbnails