Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sitting Here On A Sunday Morning

Because this has come up more than once...
I'm not interested in being anyone's girlfriend. I'm not a play thing either. The object of the game is to keep it light and airy. At the moment, your girl just wants to have fun. Act a fool. Run through Six Flags. Skip through the streets of NY. Watch football at the sports bar. Go to concerts. Whatever. Just chill.

Before I left the house, I watched Phelps get his first gold medal last night. That man is making serious history. 7 Olympic Gold Medals so far?! Olypmic AND World records?! WHAT?! I'm on Team Phelps. Now I'm watching the China vs. USA basketball game. I kinda feel bad for China. There's no way they'll do any damage. Look at the team. Wade, Bryant, Anthony, Paul, James, Kidd. And now look at the score. 74 to 46. Oh wow. The announcers just said that Yao Ming got married last summer to his basketball player girlfriend who is 6'2". How sweet. Considering his height, I'm glad he married someone 'on his level'. lol.

I was supposed to have a Bible study today. Trying to get back on my game. Re-invest my heart a little. Now that's an emotional relationship worth my attention.

I have a farewell brunch to attend today at 2. That probably means I shouldn't eat this morning. My girl left Alvin Ailey and will be moving to St. Louis. I can't imagine the devastation professional dancers feel when they decide to hang up their dance shoes. All because of her knee too. That's tough man.

I had a ball last night thanks to L.G. She's been telling me "stick with me kid" so that I can enjoy my time here in NY. Well she was right. Where would I be without her?! You know how much of a homebody I am. Cheers to my new entertainment director L.G.!


RIP Bernie Mac

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel you on the "just chill" thing, but dammit that is even more frustrating and annoying than actually looking for something meaningful. At least when you're looking for a relay and a man shows his a$$ and shows that he is clearly not the one for you, you give him the deuces and move on....but when you're just looking to have a good time then you're more tempted to put up with the aggravation of dealing with a dude who doesn't have his act together.

I'm in a phase of trying to be more open than I have ever been, more tolerant than my usual "zero tolerance" self...and I just find myself remembering why I decided to save the drama and not even date at all. There HAS to be something better out there, somewhere...because I'm just not seeing it here.

jendayi said...

well reecie. i actually have to take back what i said in the post because in my discussions with my girl this morning, i came to the realization that even a "chill" partner needs to have it together. what's the use of having a date to run around six flags together if he doesn't show? what's the use of bouncing some ideas off of your "unbiased male ear" if he never answers his phone? and of course you can't say anything because he's just a friend.

I'm glad you wrote what you did because you just confirmed everything i discussed this morning.

Jenn Will said...

On the man thing...i've decided to have a different man for all my needs: one to wine and dine me-do artsy type stuff-concerts etc, one to eat wings and watch the game with, one to talk shop/politics/world events/professional issues etc with, one to cuddle up with and watch a movie, and rely on the exes for when i need the ear/shoulder/or embrace of someone who really knows me and loves me. So far I got about 3 of the 5 positions filled-taking applications for the rest. :)It seems easier to find individuals to fill the specific roles then it is to find one person with all of them...besides this way i don't get sick of anyone and their shinanigans!

As for this new L.G. the torch has been passed...its bittersweet...hype that you have a new running buddy and that you are getting out and having fun...a little bummed that the person isn't me. But as long as she carries out her duties i'm all for it! you both will have to come west one weekend, and i'll come there, so that we can compare styles! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails